(Archived) HELP: MacBook Air (2012) won't sync

Yeefom

Idea

Hi,

Can anyone help me out here?

EN just won't sync on my MBA. The log in is fine and it can get my notebooks(without any notes in them). EN on both iPad and iPhone works just fine via the same Wifi network.

I have tried everything that I can find on the internet and both version 3.1.2 and 3.2.0, but nothing helps. My mac os x verlion is 10.7.4.

Thanks a lot!

Yeefom

18 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

This is the 2nd case I've seen with Evernote issues on the new MacBook Air 2012. So that's enough for me to consider the MBA-2012 as a potential cause.

I'm sure you guys know of the issue with Google Chrome on the MBA-2012 -- causes the Mac to crash because of Chrome' use of the GPU acceleration for plug-ins—in particular, Flash—leaked resources. A side effect of that leak, however, is that the drivers for the HD4000 cause a kernel panic, requiring a hard restart to recover.

So, if Evernote is using the GPU for some reason, it might lead to an issue here.

I don't know if this is related to this issue with Evernote, but I just wanted to point it out.

Yeefom, have you used Chrome on your new MBA, or had any issues with it?

Did you install Evernote from the Evernote site, or from the Mac App Store?

Have you previously run EN Mac on other Macs? If so, any issues there?

• Level 5*

Hello I want to get a laptop for gaming purpose. I have so much interest in Macbook Air 13”2012 model. So what’s all you are think that Macbook Air is sufficient for daily uses of online gaming, internet browsing,facebook, music and movies for minimum 3-4 years?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Evernote doesn't offer any gaming features. It ought to run just fine on your computer for 3 or 4 years, though, so go right ahead and get to work on building your external brain :)

• Level 5*

Still, it is worrisome that we have see two failures of a new install on a new MBA 2012.

Although Yeefom's issue may be resolved, I'm not sure the root cause has been identified and fixed.

• Level 5*

Finally got it working!

I contact the supports. Those guys are very nice and patient, but they did not give me any constructive advice per se.

Anyway, after I throughly uninstall it and reinstall, evernote syncs again.

By 'throughly delete', I mean I searched everything related to evernote in finder (I believe I lost some bookmarks) and delete all of them.

Clearly, no uninstall app works here as far as I know. If you meet the same situation, just uninstall it completely all by yourself.

Thanks for your help, GM, Metro and JM!

I am certainly glad that you got it working. That is great news! As usual, Metrodon's advice is spot-on.

Thanks for updating us about it. Feel free to post on the forums anytime you have any questions or problems.

Finally got it working!

I contact the supports. Those guys are very nice and patient, but they did not give me any constructive advice per se.

Anyway, after I throughly uninstall it and reinstall, evernote syncs again.

By 'throughly delete', I mean I searched everything related to evernote in finder (I believe I lost some bookmarks) and delete all of them.

Clearly, no uninstall app works here as far as I know. If you meet the same situation, just uninstall it completely all by yourself.

Thanks for your help, GM, Metro and JM!

• Level 5*
I happen to be unaffected by the Chrome issue for

some reason, but it is an acknowledged bug with the browser.

GM, FYI Google has already released a temporary fix for the Chrome issue.

I believe Chrome updates automatically.

• Level 5*

I don't think we have enough information yet to say anything much, and I am doubtful about the MBA being an issue, but JM makes a good point. I happen to be unaffected by the Chrome issue for

some reason, but it is an acknowledged bug with the browser.

If the OP is willing to copy/paste activity logs, we might make more progress. But, if not, Metrodon is right. Regardless, the OP ought to create a support ticket. I am happy to keep fumbling around until customer support responds :)

Have you tried deleting the App from your Air and reinstalling it? (make sure you have backed up any local notebooks first)

I think before this we might want to see where things are going wrong. People have accidentally created new accounts and used those, for example, thinking something was wrong. If we can troubleshoot and get to the end of that, we might get a better handle on things without any concerns about data loss and the like.

Our friend is getting Notebooks correctly so I doubt it's the wrong account....

True. But have you ever heard of this? I've had the program get stuck after a certain note, but 0 notes? Something seems odd here.

Hi guys,

I am definitely asure that I use the right account. And I do have tried to reinstall it but sadly it does not help.

I just tried to use 3G network (shared from my cellphone) to sync and it still don't work, so I guess it's not the network's problem.

Thanks for your help and time so much!

• Level 5*

Have you tried deleting the App from your Air and reinstalling it? (make sure you have backed up any local notebooks first)

I think before this we might want to see where things are going wrong. People have accidentally created new accounts and used those, for example, thinking something was wrong. If we can troubleshoot and get to the end of that, we might get a better handle on things without any concerns about data loss and the like.

True. But have you ever heard of this? I've had the program get stuck after a certain note, but 0 notes? Something seems odd here.

• Level 5*

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I doubt that the MBA (2012) is causing your issues. Mine is doing fine, and I haven't heard of any hardware-related incompatibilities. It does sound odd that you have only been able to sync the names of your notebooks without finding any notes inside of them.

Could you confirm for us that you are using the same account name (see your settings and preferences)? If you make a note on your MBA, can you sync it and see it on your iPad? If you go to the Web client (www.evernote.com) can you see the note as well? I am trying to get a sense here of where exactly your sync is breaking down.

I'd be happy to help, and I am sure other users can share their knowledge as well, but it wouldn't hurt to contact cus

tomer support (see my signature). They have the tools and the know-how to help you out the most, of course. However, it may turn out to be something simpler that we can all figure out togetuher.

Thanks for your reply!

I too don't think that MBA causes the problem.

I just make it sure that I do use the same account on my devices and followed you instruction to make a note on mac: it does not appears on my iPad.

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I doubt that the MBA (2012) is causing your issues. Mine is doing fine, and I haven't heard of any hardware-related incompatibilities. It does sound odd that you have only been able to sync the names of your notebooks without finding any notes inside of them.

Could you confirm for us that you are using the same account name (see your settings and preferences)? If you make a note on your MBA, can you sync it and see it on your iPad? If you go to the Web client (www.evernote.com) can you see the note as well? I am trying to get a sense here of where exactly your sync is breaking down.

I'd be happy to help, and I am sure other users can share their knowledge as well, but it wouldn't hurt to contact customer support (see my signature). They have the tools and the know-how to help you out the most, of course. However, it may turn out to be something simpler that we can all figure out together.

Archived