(Archived) Audio dictation in non-English language

brihanrohan

• Level 5*

Hi. I don't believe it is currently possible to dictate and have the content transcribed in any language (including English) is it? I don't think Evernote has this feature.

If you use a third-party application (see the trunk) it is probably possible. Perhaps Siri or the Google equivalent could do it. In the past with Dragon Naturally Speaking (a few years ago) I had trouble getting myself recognized, because I am not a native Japanese speaker. My pronunciation is pretty good (I have passed for a native speaker, for example, when answering the phone at a company where I worked), but apparently not good enough. Perhaps the tech has gotten better since then for non-native speakers.

Hi,

On my Android phone, one of the help tips that shows up when I first start it says that audio dictation is possible. I tried it briefly but it didn't use the language settings of the phone for audio input. It defaulted to transcribing in English.

• Level 5*

Hi,

On my Android phone, one of the help tips that shows up when I first start it says that audio dictation is possible. I tried it briefly but it didn't use the language settings of the phone for audio input. It defaulted to transcribing in English.

Interesting. I will give it a try on my phone and see what I can do with it.

Archived