(Archived) HELP: How to clip selection?

Ray Wenger

I'm using Safari 5.1.5 and Mac OS X 10.7.3

When I attempt to use the evernote web clipper extension (click on elephant), it doesn't give me a chance to select a portion. It only lets me choose the web page or the url.

What do I need to do?

I've come across that problem, too. An easy fix is to simply preselect the area you want to clip by highlighting the area (text, images, whatever). Then, click the web clipper extension elephant. It automatically clips what you've selected :)

Another good way to clip is to use the Evernote icon in the menu bar at the top. Just select "Clip Rectangle or Window to Evernote." You can clip really easily that way as well.

I'm not sure if there's a better way to do this.. but that way has worked for me.

Hi all,

Clipping a selection currently requires users to make a selection before invoking the Clipper.

In Safari 5.1.x our Clipper sometimes has issues keeping that selection after the user clicks the toolbar button. We are working on this and will have a new version soon.

Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

I had success with the clip selection option until I upgraded to Mountain Lion. Now when I try to click on "save selection," it is unhighlighted and I don't have the option. I can only save the entire article/web page/url. BTW, I have Safari 6.0. Thanks for your help!

Archived