(Archived) Evernote 3.2.0 Release

Jackolicious

Idea

• Level 5

Hi everyone,

We are close to releasing Evernote 3.2.0 to the public but we wanted to give it to our forum users first! It fixes a lot of common problems and also shows off some great new features.

• Improvements
    • Activity Stream
      • Notifies you of changes to your shared notes and notebooks
      • Helps you discover new and powerful features

[*]Updated interface for the new MacBook Retina display

[*]Joining a shared notebook automatically syncs it to your Mac

[*]Fixes

• Fixed keychain issues
    • Improved image copy and paste from Evernote to other apps
    • Shouldn't cause duplicate notebooks
    • Fixed shared notebook sync issues
    • Numerous other fixes and stability improvements

Make sure to drag the current Evernote app from the Applications folder to the trash, then you can download the latest version here: http://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/mac/release/Evernote_300088.dmg

Enjoy!

Jack

27 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Two Points:

1. Please make fixing Search bugs your top priority
    • At this point I have a very low confidence in Search Results
    • While there are a number of requested features that I could really use, having a robust, reliable Search is far more important to me.

[*]I still don't see any update available via the Evernote Mac > Check for Updates menu

Hi,

just downloaded the latest build (300088).

I think there is a nasty bug that occurs while selecting multiple notes (either with shift + using the mouse to select the notes, or via cmd + a).

This causes a freeze evertime I try, which causes you to use the force quit function of osx. Selecting and dragging single notes works as expected.

Tested with Snow Leopard Build 10.6.8

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

Andreas

Yes, I have this same problem with OSX 10.6.8.

Hi,

just downloaded the latest build (300088).

I think there is a nasty bug that occurs while selecting multiple notes (either with shift + using the mouse to select the notes, or via cmd + a).

This causes a freeze evertime I try, which causes you to use the force quit function of osx. Selecting and dragging single notes works as expected.

Tested with Snow Leopard Build 10.6.8

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

Andreas

• Level 5*

Hi, Was about to install latest Public version on my mac air running os x 10.7.4, but came across the following review on the Mac App Store:-

Has this issue been addressed, and any idea when this latest beta version will go live?

Something weird is going on here

First. I love evernote on my desktop, iPad and iPhone. All Mac products. For whatever reason it freezes on my MB air. With no explanation. I have contacted evernote and after several emails, they simply said it was an issue they could not fix. I uninstalled, and reinstalled according to evernote. NO LUCK. I was hoping this update would have helped the problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I would love to resolve it… The web version is great and love it on my other devices. I will be happy to update this review once this issue is resolved.

Cheers

Hi. I have installed Evernote on several Macs in the last month, including my MBA, and I've had no problems whatsoever. In fact, this is the first I am hearing about such a problem, and I don't think it has been reported on the forums.

Hi, Was about to install latest Public version on my mac air running os x 10.7.4, but came across the following review on the Mac App Store:-

Has this issue been addressed, and any idea when this latest beta version will go live?

Something weird is going on here

First. I love evernote on my desktop, iPad and iPhone. All Mac products. For whatever reason it freezes on my MB air. With no explanation. I have contacted evernote and after several emails, they simply said it was an issue they could not fix. I uninstalled, and reinstalled according to evernote. NO LUCK. I was hoping this update would have helped the problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I would love to resolve it… The web version is great and love it on my other devices. I will be happy to update this review once this issue is resolved.

Cheers

JMichael has a good point on search - it is a feature that needs to work flawlessly; this feature is probably the aspect of Evernote that deserves the most attention right now by the developer. I have over 15,000 notes and Evernote's ability to help me find the one I need right now could definitely be improved.

JMichael - thanks for pointing out that table of Win-Mac inequalities. I am preparing a series of articles on Evernote and that table will be very useful. If anyone has any other quirks or inequalities to point out-for either the Mac or Win version, please post them.

• Level 5

@peter, I would try clearing your EN keychain entries. We haven't seen any issues with it anymore in our internal testing.

@jon, have a look at the release mentioned above. Your issues should (mostly) be taken care of :)

@hans, so are you running 3.2 now?

Jack, unfortunately I'm still having the Keychain problems.

I also had two elephants in the menu bar the last time I had Evernote open, but this time there's only one.

And my initial sync took well over 24 hours (it ended sometime during the night, probably at 30-35 hours).

I'm running the 3.2.0 beta on the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, and thought I would note that the card view does not seem to be optimized as of yet. Also, the card view seems to have some scrolling issues on the new display, with dates scrolling at a much slower rate than the content on the cards (in the small cards view). Also, preferences icons are not showing-up as 'retina-ready'.

Other than that, everything appears to be optimized!

I followed the instructions to update (from 3.0.6.) to 3.20. Evernote 3.2.0 welcomed me with the message that the data could not be converted (or something to the same effect).

Luckily I had a backup: overwrite the app it self and overwrite the Evernote folder in Root_Drive / Users / Username / Library / Application Support. (Some of these folders are hidden).

Otherwise I would have lost all my notes, resulting in NeverMoreNote!

• Level 5*

Here's some awesome marketing nonsense

"Helps you discover new and powerful features"

Any clues as to what this is? How it works? My life is incomplete without "new and powerful features"!

• Level 5*

This will be available via the "Check for Updates" soon, but it's available to you right now :) If you are interested, this is build 300088.

It would be most appreciated if you would continue to follow the same naming convention and release process.

The well-established process is to release the proposed public release as a "Release Candidate (RC)" as part of the "beta" releases. This prevents the release being made to those who want ONLY public releases, but makes available to those who are willing to accepts pre-release versions.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi everyone,

We are close to releasing Evernote 3.2.0 to the public but we wanted to give it to our forum users first! It fixes a lot of common problems and also shows off some great new features.

Jack, this is a bit confusing.

• What is the actual version# of the release you want us to test?
  • Will it be available via the standard "Check for Updates" in the EN Mac app?
    (I just checked and it shows no updates available)

• Level 5*

Hi everyone,

• Improvements
    • Activity Stream
      • Notifies you of changes to your shared notes and notebooks
      • Helps you discover new and powerful features

[*]Updated interface for the new MacBook Retina display

[*]Joining a shared notebook automatically syncs it to your Mac

[*]Fixes

• Fixed keychain issues
    • Improved image copy and paste from Evernote to other apps
    • Shouldn't cause duplicate notebooks
    • Fixed shared notebook sync issues
    • Numerous other fixes and stability improvements

Make sure to drag the current Evernote app from the Applications folder to the trash, then you can download the latest version here: http://evernote.s3.a...note_300088.dmg

Enjoy!

Jack

Good job! It's great to see the application coming along so well. I haven't been able to test it yet on the Macbook retina display, but as soon as you guys ship me one, I'll get right on that :)

Archived