(Archived) Copy note on Android?

David Lozzi

Is there an option to copy a note on the Android version? I can't seem to find it.

I'm using some notes as templates, and on my desktop I have the option to copy my note, however on my Android, which is where I really need it during a meeting I can't copy a note.

Thanks,

David

There is no option to copy a note for the moment. You will need to copy past the content or maybe create a bunch of copies on desktop for the moment.

I have this feature request on my list along with note templates. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 months later...

There is no option to copy a note for the moment. You will need to copy past the content or maybe create a bunch of copies on desktop for the moment.

I have this feature request on my list along with note templates. Thanks for the feedback.

Is there any time frame on this? The inability to copy notes is exceeding frustrating and makes the Android client all but useless for adding information. Thansk

• Level 5*
Is there any time frame on this? The inability to copy notes is exceeding frustrating and makes the Android client all but useless for adding information. Thansk

Evernote doesn't typically announce timeframes for requested features. For right now, I suppose that for Android, you could email a note to your Evernote account to make a separate copy of it, but that's probably gonna get get old, quick. If it's a simple note, you can select all and paste into a new note.

I rather doubt the lack of this feature makes the Android client "all but useless".

• 5 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Found out the function IS available in the downloaded PC version of evernote. It just doesn't live in the pda app nor the "web sign-in" version.

Yes, you'll notice that this thread is tagged Android. Desktop clients typically have more functionality than the mobile apps.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a way around this that works on both android and the web version. To use this on Android, you will need to open Evernote in the phone's browser and sign-in to the webversion as well.

You can "Share" the note in Android (from the App), or "Send" a link in the webversion. This generates an URL for the note. Use the URL to go to your note, and then from the note select to "Save to Evernote". It will then ask you to which notebook to save it. Select the notebook you want, and you will find the note copied when you go back to the App.

There is a way around this that works on both android and the web version. To use this on Android, you will need to open Evernote in the phone's browser and sign-in to the webversion as well.

You can "Share" the note in Android (from the App), or "Send" a link in the webversion. This generates an URL for the note. Use the URL to go to your note, and then from the note select to "Save to Evernote". It will then ask you to which notebook to save it. Select the notebook you want, and you will find the note copied when you go back to the App.

Just a tad suboptimal, but what a great workaround for when there's no pc around. Thanks!

• 10 months later...

I rather doubt the lack of this feature makes the Android client "all but useless".

Errr, Actually I rather think it DOES make it all but useless..

How great is it that you have to create every single note from scratch, what kind of a design team would come up with a concept like that!!!

It is absolute insanity, I want to be able to create a todo list and then make copies of it, I might want one for this week and one for next week, maybe one for each day of the week - I have to make every one from scratch in what is probably the worst editing environment in an android app I have encountered to date...

Fantastic that I can add images etc to my notes to make them more visually appealing, except of course doing that OVER AND OVER  AGAIN will get tiring very quick, so quick in fact that I never got as far as note number two!

How difficult is it to have a 'Save As' link in the menu as well as the Save one, a couple of lines of code at the most I expect, yet no one in the design team has the common sense to see how great a benefit such a tiny addition would make! That really speaks volumes about the company and the bs it will force its uses to endure.

So yes it absolutely does make it all but useless, and it abslolutely resulted in me NOT going to premium service, and will result in me uninstalling the app shortly and using something else that has actually been given a little thought on behalf of the users!

• 2 months later...

Just a tad suboptimal, but what a great workaround for when there's no pc around. Thanks!

I tried this method on my galaxy note 3 and I dont know if I'm doing it right.

I long pressed on the template > share> copy url> paste in chrome. This method brings me to the webapp, which I'd rather not use because that implies I have to enter a username and password. The time spent doing that is much greater than copy pasting the content of the template and re-adding tags. 

Is there  a copy for it to launch evernote when I use the share function?

Archived