(Archived) QUESTION: Will Evernote ever allow Javascript embedded in notes?

David33409

Idea

Can someone from Evernote comment on this? According to the current specs, javascript is not allowed in notes. Neither are CSS style sheets. I was wondering if that will ever change. I can see a lot of uses for this. The same holds true for being able to reference external style sheets. Imagine being able to change the look and feel of your notes using a Theme Roller type of capability. I'm working on my own solution to this but would very interested in what Evernote has planned.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Can someone from Evernote comment on this? According to the current specs, javascript is not allowed in notes. Neither are CSS style sheets. I was wondering if that will ever change. I can see a lot of uses for this. The same holds true for being able to reference external style sheets. Imagine being able to change the look and feel of your notes using a Theme Roller type of capability. I'm working on my own solution to this but would very interested in what Evernote has planned.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Hi David. Evernote generally does not tell us what is on their roadmap, so I would not expect to hear from an employee anytime soon about what they have planned. My guess is that they won't allow this kind of stuff (the request has come up before), but you never know.

Hi David. Evernote generally does not tell us what is on their roadmap, so I would not expect to hear from an employee anytime soon about what they have planned. My guess is that they won't allow this kind of stuff (the request has come up before), but you never know.

Thanks GrumpyMonkey, I suspected as much. I was just curious and hoped they could expand on their reasoning behind all the restrictions. There are a lot of uses for dynamic content and if they don't allow it, I'm sure someone else will. I've been working on a project for the past few years that might hook into Evernote and provide this feature. Hopefully I'll have it working soon :)

Archived