(Archived) HELP: How to best split a 150-page Word doc into separate Evernote notes?

rogw

Idea

I have a 150 page MS Word doc that I want to import into Evernote. I can get it in via a single document, but what I want is to break it into individual notes at every blank line. Any ideas?

3 replies to this idea

I have a 150 page MS Word doc that I want to import into Evernote. I can get it in via a single document, but what I want is to break it into individual notes at every blank line. Any ideas?

Make a Word Makro (or a macro with a special program) whch marks the text until the bank line, copies ist (CTRL-C) and makes a <win>-<A>.
  • Level 5*

Hello. I think the macro idea suggested would be a good solution. However, more importantly, I'd be interested in knowing what your goal is. I ask because Evernote does not index the content of Word documents for searches. If you want the content to be searchable, then you'll need to have it put into Evernote as text (cut/paste), images (Evernote will "read" the images and look for text in them), or as PDFs.

Thanks! Yes, my goal is to get them into individual notes, not individual word files. It's a daily journal I kept a few years ago before I used evernote.

Archived