(Archived) 10 Futuristic Evernote Features - What I wish it would do

1.Automatic note retrieval via location, so for instance if you had the Evernote mobile app running in the background it was tracking your GPS coordinates and you could be like, Remind me that I need to pick up such and such if I goto the store (GPhone Locale does this), but on top of that it also allows you to set things for the future so if you for instance want to remember to buy milk you can take a picture of the milk bottle that's empty with a (remind me when I'm by the the store to buy this).

2.Notes around you - This feature pulls up notes people have geo-tagged that are around you (might already do this for iPhone, not sure). So if I goto a certain starbucks I can see what other people at that starbucks left as a public note for me, like I LOVE PUMPKIN SCONES or I HAD TO WAIT A LONG TIME or pictures.

3.Bluetooth Handsfree Notetaking/Retrieval via the phone, so lets say I'm in my car and I need to take a quick note. I push the button on my cell phone and it asks me to record a note into evernote. That simple, then to make that even more advanced the handsfree allows me to to voice-to-text to search evernote text handsfree while I'm driving. So I can say something like read note 10 and it reads what that note says back to me.

4.Temporary Geo-Loc group Note passing - basically it works like this lets say I goto an event or conference and I enable the connect with others around me, at that point all the notes I take in the SHARE AROUND ME mode puts it into a pool where I can send notes back and forth to this temporary group created by GPS coordinates, and pass notes virtually.

4. Restaurant Notes / Shopping Notes - This would be a collection of public notes listed by shopping area and restaurant for people to browse before shopping or while dining.

5.Note connection, basically what this does is if you have a note that says something via text like a shirt with a line you think you heard somewhere you can find the reference to whatever it is by hitting a connection button and what that does is find the meaning of something. So for example say you see a license plate that has some clever phrase, who said it? well now you could know quickly.

6.Note Heatmaps - basically what this does is creates a map and it shows where all the notes are being taken for the most part around you.

7.Note slideshow/Note-to-TV - note to television. So what this does is it allows you to turn your notes into a presentation for others. Meaning maybe evernote connects to your Xbox 360 or Apple TV and allows you to stream your notes to a TV.

8.Live notes page (2 versions TV/and Computer), what this is is a chat room with a window that has live public notes appearing on it and people can sit there and chat while new notes flow into the window. Notes are held on the screen for a period of a minute before another note is selected at random. Live notes could be used to connect to your TV for a kinda cool artsy home background that was always different.

9.Friends list - Note sharing/Messaging - Basically this would be where you have a list of friends from this site that you share notes that are of interest to both of you. It would update you via the mobile site/app if your friends had any new shared notes or messages.

10.Caption Me - Basically people submit notes to be graffitied on (ENABLE GRAFFITI OPTION) and people vote for what captions they like the best. This is just a purely entertaining thing to do with other peoples notes.

How about everyone else? Feel free to say whatever about it.

• 2 weeks later...
1.Automatic note retrieval via location, so for instance if you had the Evernote mobile app running in the background it was tracking your GPS coordinates and you could be like, Remind me that I need to pick up such and such if I goto the store (GPhone Locale does this), but on top of that it also allows you to set things for the future so if you for instance want to remember to buy milk you can take a picture of the milk bottle that's empty with a (remind me when I'm by the the store to buy this).

This is a great idea. This would incorporate the supposedly killer feature of Omni Focus for iPhone. I'm never going to buy Omni Focus, but I would like an app to remind me that I'm in striking distance of a todo. It would be extra sweet if this would tie into the calendar.

Also, what's GPhone Locale? An Android app?

2.Notes around you - This feature pulls up notes people have geo-tagged that are around you (might already do this for iPhone, not sure). So if I goto a certain starbucks I can see what other people at that starbucks left as a public note for me, like I LOVE PUMPKIN SCONES or I HAD TO WAIT A LONG TIME or pictures.

This would be fabulous too. I really haven't come up with a good use for public notes in my life yet. But this would be a fun way to use them. Just leave notes around town. It's like virtual graffiti, leave notes about where ever you are. Actually, this would be a killer standalone mobile application.

Please visit my new blog

http://www.okaythings.com. I talk about Evernote and iPhone among many other topics.

Archived