Not using Internet Explorer, so how do I sync?

TTE

I do not use Internet Explorer, I use Chrome. Does Evernote have any settings or registration tweaks I can implement to tell it to use Chrome rather than IE to sync?

If this issue has been addressed, it doesn't come up using my search criteria, so apologies if I'm being redundant here.

Thanks!

-Tracey

• Level 5*

If you've installed the Evernote desktop client for Windows, Evernote doesn't need anything to sync - it will manage any network activity it needs to upload/ download details within the application itself.

EN Windows uses components of IE for internet access. This is independent of your default browser settings.

One side affect of this e.g. is that if IE is set to Work Offline then EN will not sync.

• Level 5*

Ouch - sorry, hadn't realised that. I only use IE to access my router settings, but it is installed and it is at least potentially online.. Firefox does everything else..

So @TTE - welcome to the forums by the way, and apologies for being abrupt (and wrong) back there - do you have any access to IE at all?

Thanks, guys. Yes, I have IE installed, and inadvertently I changed the settings. I remember the other day Windows Update was hogging the hell out of system resources, and my WIFI was stalled, so I clicked the Work Offline button; hence, my problem. Anyway, all fixed now.

I didn't realize Windows actually interacted with IE when it wasn't the default browser. Seems like bad strategy to me, but hey; I don't work for Microsoft.

Thanks for the welcome! I had Evernote installed on my Droid2 a few years back, but I preferred using Google Notes. Since Google Docs, and later, Google Drive came along, I became less enchanted and wanted a simpler Notes application. So I'm back to being an Evernote user.

• Level 5*

No problem - feel free to hang around the Forum; there's lots of tips about working smarter knocking around here somewhere. And (as you eventually found) we can help with some queries. :)

• 2 years later...

Archived