(Archived) REQUEST: Ability to add attachments somewhere besides a note

Hello,

I have a question/suggestion for Evernote. It might go against the philosophy of Evernote, but it might be something others could use.

I would like to upload attachments to Evernote, not in a note, but in some not-yet-filed storage place.

I use Evernote at work using a note for a specific project. The note contains the entire project start to finish, invoices, schedules, contact numbers, etc. I want to be able to upload some relevant pdf etc to some temporary storage place and then later in the day file all those unfiled attachments.

For me, it doesn't help if there are multiple notes (even in a notebook or a stack) that I have to go through to find information.

Perhaps, as an alternative, someone can suggest some third-party browser sidebar in which I can store my unfiled attachments.

Thanks!

Bruce

• Level 5*

Hello,

I have a question/suggestion for Evernote. It might go against the philosophy of Evernote, but it might be something others could use.

I would like to upload attachments to Evernote, not in a note, but in some not-yet-filed storage place.

I use Evernote at work using a note for a specific project. The note contains the entire project start to finish, invoices, schedules, contact numbers, etc. I want to be able to upload some relevant pdf etc to some temporary storage place and then later in the day file all those unfiled attachments.

For me, it doesn't help if there are multiple notes (even in a notebook or a stack) that I have to go through to find information.

Perhaps, as an alternative, someone can suggest some third-party browser sidebar in which I can store my unfiled attachments.

Thanks!

Bruce

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

I store things in their own notes and link to the notes if I need to make connections between them. This is nice, because you can then link from multiple notes to the same source.

However, it sounds like you want your PDFs to be added to a note later. Did I understand this correctly?

One thing I do is to scan my papers into a Dropbox folder, where they sit until I am ready to move them into my Evernote account. This makes them accessible on the cloud and backed up. To put them into Evernote, I just drag and drop.

Does this answer your question?

• Level 5*

There is no other place to store content: the note's the thing, and will likely be so for the foreseeable future.

There are a number of ways to organize things that go together. Obviously you know about notebooks; not sure why you reject them (unless you have a lot of projects). Tags are another means. You can also use note links as GrumpyMonkey suggests. Otherwise, you are stuck either jamming everything into a single note, or using one or another organizing facility to tie related notes together.

The suggestion to clip/scan/collect new information into a single place for later categorization is a good one.

Archived