(Archived) Note update + email before sync = crash?

FactMan

• Level 5*

Last night I updated a note in a sync'd notebook with tags and then tried to email it. EN crashed, and this morning there was an error message on screen saying the service had failed. I had to restart EN. There was no record in the activity log from last night, but the thought occurred to me that I had not sync'd the notebook before trying to send the message. Do not have time to try and replicate the series of events this morning. If anyone else can replicate it, would it be possible to have a "Sync before completing this action" added?

• Level 5

It is always a good idea to snc your client after opening EN. This way, if you goof up, your notes are always accessible on the EN servers.

Wern

Last night I updated a note in a sync'd notebook with tags and then tried to email it. EN crashed, and this morning there was an error message on screen saying the service had failed. I had to restart EN. There was no record in the activity log from last night, but the thought occurred to me that I had not sync'd the notebook before trying to send the message. Do not have time to try and replicate the series of events this morning. If anyone else can replicate it, would it be possible to have a "Sync before completing this action" added?

I haven't been able to reproduce, if it comes up again let us know.

• Level 5*

@Wern; I do always sync when opening - in fact, I sync every hour. I just don't keep all that many notes in the cloud. I do have frequent backups done automatically, and every time I update the program I do an extra backup.

@dlu: thanks for trying. I will let you know if I have a repeat problem. I don't send many notes by email, so it may be a while!

• 1 month later...

I occasionally have this problem with Evernote 4.5.7.7146, but it is not consistent and it has nothing to do with having been synced or not. About every fourth or fifth note that I try to email from my Windows Evernote interface (right click on snippet > Share > Send by email...) causes Evernote to crash.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

• 10 months later...

I have exactly the same problem as Boneycur. Periodically when trying to email from EN it will crash and close down. Again I am running windows. This is a real pain as most of my business emails now come from EN so it is crashing several times a day.

Archived