(Archived) Firefox - scriptloader errors - Webclipper

SimonH

Hi

Recently I have started getting errors when opening Firefox that appear to be related to Evernote webclipper. These messages don't appear when I open Chrome.

This is what happens. I click the Firefox icon to open the appllication. Before the Firefox app opens, I get a series of short messages. (see below) Pressing "OK" to each one, clears the message and brings another one and eventually, once I've cleared them all Firefox opens.

Once open, Evernote Webclipper does not appear to work

• ScriptLoader.load() failed Error opening input stream (invalid filename?) on chrome://webclipper3-common/content/libs/evernote/Common/Logger/Logger.js
  • ScriptLoader.load() failed TypeError: Evernote.Logger is not a constructor on chrome://webclipper3-common/content/libs/evernote/Common/Errors/Exception.js
  • ScriptLoader.load() failed Error opening input stream (invalid filename?) on chrome://webclipper3-common/content/libs/evernote/Common/Remote/EDAMResponse.js
  • ScriptLoader.load() failed Error opening input stream (invalid filename?) on chrome://webclipper3-common/content/libs/evernote/Common/Serialize/SerializedNode.js
  • ScriptLoader.load() failed TypeError: Evernote.Logger is not a constructor on chrome://webclipper3-common/content/libs/evernote/Common/UI/StackableViewMessage.js
  • ScriptLoader.load() failed Error opening input stream (invalid filename?) on chrome://webclipper3-common/content/libs/evernote/FF/SimSearch/SimSearcher.js

This has only happened recently - last week or so.

In an attempt to resolve this I have updated to and am running the latest versions of

• Firefox - 13.0.1
  • Java - Update 5 build 1.7.0_05-b05
  • Webclipper - 5.1.0.252437

I'm running Windows 7, patched and up to date with all updates.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Simon

• Level 5*

Hi Simon, welcome to the Forum.

I have the same Firefox and Webclipper version as you, but no problem running Firefox.

If you haven't already tried it, uninstall the webclipper and see whether Firefox behaves.

If it does, see whether a reinstallation fixes things

If things are still broken try setting up a new Firefox profile - you'll find all the background information in this Mozilla help page. Remember to backup your original profile first.

At some point along the way, you could also raise a support ticket..

Bizarrely removing webclipper from the available etxensions and reinstalling seems to have solved the problem today, even though I've tried this several times over the last few days without success.

So, sorted, though I don't know why, as nothing has changed (at least nothing that I've done). Tech......!

• 1 year later...

Archived