(Archived) Evernote Data Usage discripency

Anwersylesh

My data usage in my free account is showing 99% full (ie. 59MB) but when I check my note's file size its only counting upto 25 to 30MB only. I had uploaded some notes earlier, but deleted those notes from the account, even from the trash still my data usage is showing 59MB.

Please help me to find a solution for it.

• Level 5*

My data usage in my free account is showing 99% full (ie. 59MB) but when I check my note's file size its only counting upto 25 to 30MB only. I had uploaded some notes earlier, but deleted those notes from the account, even from the trash still my data usage is showing 59MB.

Please help me to find a solution for it.

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

I am not exactly sure what the situation is, but I think you are saying that you synced notes and then deleted them. Evernote calculates monthly usage based on the upload amount, so as soon as you sync a note, it counts against that amount. Deleting notes after you have synced them will not affect your upload allowance. In fact, because of how Evernote is structured, you gain no benefit from deleting (beyond any benefits from keeping your account tidy) and that is why some of us rarely put anything in the trash. If you want to increase your upload amount for the month, you can upgrade to premium, but otherwise, you will have to wait until your cycle begins to sync more. Naturally, even if you reach your limit, you can continue to create notes. Those will only be stored on your device, though, and will not be synced until your cycle begins again.

Exactly what GM said. Just want to add you can pay to upgrade this month for more space and if you do not need it next month you can cancel as it is month to month.

But warning... You may be like me and find out it is such a good deal you will never want to cancel.

Good luck

Archived