(Archived) HELP: Can't delete notebook

katamataka

Idea

Just starting to try this program. There was a link to "evernote user stories" that I clicked and it added a notebook, which I quickly decided not to take time for.

So I went to delete it, and can't. forums say, control-click for the option to delete, that did not work.

So far, all Evernote does is eat up time trying to work with it... this is so basic a command.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Just starting to try this program. There was a link to "evernote user stories" that I clicked and it added a notebook, which I quickly decided not to take time for.

So I went to delete it, and can't. forums say, control-click for the option to delete, that did not work.

So far, all Evernote does is eat up time trying to work with it... this is so basic a command.

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear about your problem. I am not sure why you cannot delete the notebook. I think right click, select delete will work (in Lion, the two-finger tap gesture replaces the right click). Have you tried this?

If you could give me a link to the place where you found this notebook, I can give it a try.

• Level 5*

When it looks like this, how are you supposed to right-click anything?

I think I see what is happening here, and this seems to be a confusing user interface problem. It looks to me like you are trying to manage your account using the favorites bar at the top, instead of using the list of notebooks on the left. Here are explanations of the favorite bar and an image of the notebook section of the interface that might illustrate the difference between the two.

favorites bar uses

http://blog.evernote...-favorites-bar/

the left column with notebooks

http://www.princeton...mynotebooks.jpg

That´s just it. There is no list of notebooks on the left. This system uses the same setup as a lot of other software, I do understand the difference, but as is i just tried to move the favourite bar dow to the accout tab to try to create a list of notebooks, I just lost the favourite bar.. so now my hands are even more tied. I can´t do anything...

This program needs to get more customizable, and a lot more user-friendly...

Make sure the sidebar is visible using the View-> Show Sidebar menu command (Option+Command+S). Then you will see "Notebooks" listed on the left. Without the sidebar, you will never find a list of notebooks!

Archived