(Archived) REQUEST: Ability to change line spacing

bellamerighi

Idea

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

i'd like to write my text note directly in evernote. i noticed that increasing the text size doesn't increase the interline size so the text will be not so clear. is there a way to increase the interline size like simple/double or not?

-m

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

There is no way to increase the line spacing at this time, but it is a feature that people have requested in the past, and it would be nice to gain that kind of control over the text display. I could imagine ways of doing this, such as custom CSS files for our accounts, but I have no idea how difficult such a thing would be to implement. At this point, people are probably more enthusiastic about pushing for a highlighter :)

• Level 5*

ty for the fast reply. good, i'll hope to get this feature in "the next beta" ;)

-m

You never know. Evernote likes to surprise us with cool stuff. Personally, I was pleasantly surprised by the cool new notifications feature.

• Level 5*

A surprise new feature in a new sequence of betas is not too unlikely (particularly since we usually don't know what features are being worked on, so basically any new feature is apt to be a surprise).

That the surprise new feature might be some specific feature X would be extremely unlikely.

• Level 5*

A surprise new feature in a new sequence of betas is not too unlikely (particularly since we usually don't know what features are being worked on, so basically any new feature is apt to be a surprise).

That the surprise new feature might be some specific feature X would be extremely unlikely.

I guess so, but some things you can predict, right? I think it is likely we will see a video note feature soon, because it is already on Android in Japan. Due dates are coming! But, did you expect to see notifications? Sure, it was suggested/requested in the forums, but I wouldn't have predicted it. Nice change. In the old days, I wouldn't have predicted snippet view, but there it was, and it was really cool. From my perspective (because I am less perceptive?) several of the releases have been a mix of the expected and unexpected. I like that.

• Level 5*
guess so, but some things you can predict, right? I think it is likely we will see a video note feature soon, because it is already on Android in Japan.

Me and my iOS-only highlighting buddy had a good chuckle over that. :)

I don't try to predict most of the time, though I had an inkling that the new multi-select behavior was going to land on the Mac reasonably soon after it came out on Windows, which turned out correct (though I wouldn't have been surprised had it taken longer).

Regardless, you are just validating what I was saying. New features will come with some regularity, but predicting when a specific feature will come out (short of specific Evernote assurances) is generally not possible.

• Level 5*
guess so, but some things you can predict, right? I think it is likely we will see a video note feature soon, because it is already on Android in Japan.

Me and my iOS-only highlighting buddy had a good chuckle over that. :)

I don't try to predict most of the time, though I had an inkling that the new multi-select behavior was going to land on the Mac reasonably soon after it came out on Windows, which turned out correct (though I wouldn't have been surprised had it taken longer).

Regardless, you are just validating what I was saying. New features will come with some regularity, but predicting when a specific feature will come out (short of specific Evernote assurances) is generally not possible.

[Edit] I am writing gibberish. *sigh* There is too much confusion, can't get no relief (cue Battlestar Galactica's version of Watchtower). Lots of kids and people in the coffee shop today... My work is looking about the same. Time for the noise-canceling headphones.

• Level 5*

Focus, GM, focus. :)

Out in the park now. Work is going better, but notes haven't finished initial sync and I have no Internet on the computer, so no Evernote (don't want sync issues). Work is getting done now! But, I need to talk to the elephant soon.

Archived