(Archived) QUESTION: How are Your Initial Sync Times

• Level 5*

In the past I have requested faster initial sync times. Did Evernote just deliver them? If so, I hope they will take credit for making a great change!

I am on a 2012 Macbook Air, Evernote Version 3.1.2 (255119). I began to sync late yesterday afternoon, and now it is less than 12 hours later and I am nearly done syncing my entire account (7,000+ notes). In the past, on my Macbook Pro, it has taken several days. This is a huge improvement.

Have you seen any improvement in initial sync times on your devices, or just a general improvement in download speeds overall (when you mark a notebook offline on your mobile, for example)?

Haven't had to re-initial sync again recently, and hope not to have to do that for a while, but I'll report back when I do.

By the way, I made a manual backup of all the folders in /Library/Application Support/Evernote today, and noticed something I've seen in the past: Though the files add up to only about 15 GB, the backup, from one part of my hard drive to another, took close to an hour. Any idea why that happens with Evernote files?

• Level 5*

Haven't had to re-initial sync again recently, and hope not to have to do that for a while, but I'll report back when I do.

By the way, I made a manual backup of all the folders in /Library/Application Support/Evernote today, and noticed something I've seen in the past: Though the files add up to only about 15 GB, the backup, from one part of my hard drive to another, took close to an hour. Any idea why that happens with Evernote files?

Interesting. I have not seen that happen myself. I have noticed something I've not seen in the past. It looks to me like the file names have changed, and Spotlight is indexing the .html "content" files, which is great, but the titles are all the same, so it is really difficult to know what is in the files when I do a search from outside of Evernote.

I have moved hundreds and hundreds of PDFs into Evernote, but there are many times that many still on my computer (or on the external drive), because I can only upload 1GB a month. The idea with searching from outside of Evernote was that I could look through those un-Evernoted files and still be able to search my relevant notes.

This "content" name change is not a welcome one, but I think I am transitioning to a Google Drive solution anyhow, so I might not have files on my drive to search anymore. So far, it looks like Google is doing an awful job of indexing the files, but I will give it a little more time just in case it isn't finished yet.

Archived