(Archived) HELP: How do I fully automate ScanSnap scanner?

• Level 5*

My old scanner died so I purchased a ScanSnap S1300. It does a great job of scanning for EN.

My problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out how to automate scanning. I want to put documents into it, push the button and have PDFs spit out on the computer, just like my HP scanner did.

No matter what I do, the ScanSnap software requires you to interact with it, which more me never involves anything more than "ok", "ok", "ok".

Does anyone know how to accomplish this, or is it just not possible? The hardware is fantastic, and the software is very feature rich, but if you mainly want one type of scan done, the software gets in the way, or at least it does for me.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this, or is it just not possible? The hardware is fantastic, and the software is very feature rich, but if you mainly want one type of scan done, the software gets in the way, or at least it does for me.

You should certainly be able to scan and have it pop out a PDF without any interaction. In ScanSnap Manager, make sure that Quick Menu is off.

Then create (or modify) a profile and on the Application tab, set it to "None (Scan To File)" (or it may just say Scan To File).

Once you do that, it should just kick out a PDF (or PDF's) to the folder that you have specified on the Save tab.

• Level 5*

Thanks both. I thought I had tried everything and couldn't get it to work without at least one button click on the PC. I'll mess with this later today.

Archived