(Archived) "Note loading error" everytime

jmson23

Hello everyone,

I've been really enjoying Evernote until today when every time I open a note from my home screen I get the message "Note Loading Error - Note not found". The error screen stays there while the note does in fact load, so there isn't a problem loading the note at all! This only happens when I open a note using the Evernote Widget on my homescreen. Once the program is open I can toggle between notes just fine but going from the homescreen to a note with one click like I've done so many times before seems impossible.

I've restarted my phone, killed the app in task manager and logged out of my account but the problem persists.

Where should I go from here? Here is a screen shot of my phone when this happens.

30rlnqu.png

Best,

Jameson

Just found the answer. Clicking on the cog button on the widget told me there was a new widget that had to be downloaded from the store. Downloaded the new widget and it works fine now. The old widget is still there, but I can't uninstall it without uninstalling the evernote app too!!

So we now end up with two apps - "evernote" (with its broken widgets) and "evernote widget". What a stupid way to annoy your users.

The error is actually not just the widget.

Search does not work at all not finding notes that are there.

Sharing a note gives the same stupid error. Note not found.

I am a premium account user.

There is a total lack of quality control from Evernote side.

I am going to complain to Google to remove this version from the store and flag as inappropriate due to the missing basic advertised functionality. Good Samsung started sending notes via their services. Evernote simply does not cut it anymore due to the displayed lack of reliability to the critical level.

Just found the answer. Clicking on the cog button on the widget told me there was a new widget that had to be downloaded from the store. Downloaded the new widget and it works fine now. The old widget is still there, but I can't uninstall it without uninstalling the evernote app too!!

So we now end up with two apps - "evernote" (with its broken widgets) and "evernote widget". What a stupid way to annoy your users.

Confirmed. If you search for and download "Everynote Widget" in the app store it works. Thanks!

I've got a Motorolla Triumph. Same problem. Same work around fixes it. Thanks for the help. Btw the new widget is a nice improvement.

I am a premium account user.

There is a total lack of quality control from Evernote side.

I am going to complain to Google to remove this version from the store and flag as inappropriate due to the missing basic advertised functionality. Good Samsung started sending notes via their services. Evernote simply does not cut it anymore due to the displayed lack of reliability to the critical level.

@Blade This seems a little silly and mean. :( It's only been a few days, and there's a work around. Please, don't be a feedback bully.

I am having the same problem and don't understand how uninstalling the widget and reinstalling the widget will make a difference. I have contacted Evernote support a few times and just getting responses in the line of uninstalling and reinstalling the latest versioin of EN from Google Play and am awaiting further updates from them. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app twice and this makes no difference. My problem is when I try to view a note from the status/notification bar icon (elephant icon on top left hand side) after creating a new note or editing an existing note and this is the error that appears. For me this problem started when I updated EN via Google Play recently. The note does upload fine and can be found in EN app itself but the link between the note and the note status notification icon is broken and this error appears every time on a new note upload notification. I kind of understand 'Blade' frustrations here as I've personally had to contact Evernote many times before about other problems and maybe this is the reason why they keep releasing regular updates in Google Play. Sometimes I think if EN took the time to actually thoroughly test their apps before releasing it to the public then maybe there would be less problems. I too am a Premium user and am kind of getting slightly annoyed by having to contact EN on a regular basis to fix various problems. However EN is still my favourite and if they can start releasing solid updates then I will be very happy!

I have the latest widget and get this same problem, using HTC One X.

Like others, I am seriously re-considering my Premium membership. My last query was never answered and the lack of response to this current issue seems typical.

The Premium is not cheap, so we deserve some quality response from Evernote. With so many new applications, I think they are losing their core focus.

• Level 5*
Like others, I am seriously re-considering my Premium membership. My last query was never answered and the lack of response to this current issue seems typical.

Was this an actual support request, or just a question on the forums. The forums are not the official Evernote support channel (though Evernote staff do post in here and answer questions sometimes).

Apologies for sounding off. I was contributing to the discussion by noting that this problem has not been solved for me by the new widget. I have not found support requests answered so I am hoping for resolution by sharing information with fellow users.

Was this an actual support request, or just a question on the forums. The forums are not the official Evernote support channel (though Evernote staff do post in here and answer questions sometimes).

• Level 5*

Apologies for sounding off. I was contributing to the discussion by noting that this problem has not been solved for me by the new widget. I have not found support requests answered so I am hoping for resolution by sharing information with fellow users.

No need to apologize -- if you didn't get good tech support through the official channel, then Evernote needs to hear about it. Support via the forums can be quite good, but there's only so much us outsiders can know about the innards of Evernote clients.

This time I did get a reply from Support, but it was a generic set of instructions for re-installing Evernote.

I followed this as have others here with no improvement. I've replicated this problem on an Asus Transformer tablet.

I hope there's someone at Evernote who can take this to their technical team. It's a bug that needs to be fixed.

From my experience with Evernote (I am premium user) I always get a response back from them within 24 hours on work days. However, recently with the new Android update I sent two support tickets via my phone and didn't get any responses and also didn't get an auto confirmation email after submitting the tickets. So I knew something was wrong and then I tried sending another support ticket using my PC and got an auto email confirmation immediately after submitting the ticket. So from this I assume there maybe a bug with the new android update in sending tickets too.

Anyway, Evernote acknowledged that this 'Note loading error' is a bug in the current software and will hopefully be fixed in future releases after I probed them further about it. From my experience they should have acknowledged this earlier and should not have asked me to uninstall and reinstall the software as this does take quite a long time as I then have to wait for all my notes to be synced back to the phone. But no doubt I should think Evernote are probably working hard to release the next update so fingers crossed this should be fixed soon.

I have just renewed my annual Evernote premium subscription with them so I hope they continue to work hard in making users happy.

I got it working on my Android X2... Yes to fix the problem you need to replace the on screen widget with the new download one. The first time I did it, it did not work because I picked the original widget and not the new to place it on the home sceen.. HERE IS MY INSTRUCTIONS Hope it helps all of you!

1. Find the widget on you android device or reinstall the widget so it is on a home screen

2. Press then configuration wheel on the current android widget

3. A message box will appear saying new widget app and a BUTTON stating Get The Widget

4. Press 'Get the Widget' Button

5. It will take you to the Apps Store with an Install button

6. Install the app... Press the Install Button

7. Press the Accept & Download button

8. Press the Open button

9. A message box will display that you need to place the widget on a Home screen and to look for an ICON

10. Look at the ICON I picked the wrong one the first time (The old not working one)

11.To get an icon on the Home page is different on various devices and OS.

-----

12a. On my transformer tablet Ice Cream OS 4.03, I pressed upper right corner 6 squares icon and it displays many pages with icons

12b. Scroll to the page finding the NEW Evernote icon. hold down on the icon and move it to a Hone page with adequate space

12c. A customize widget screen appears, change what you like and press done at the bottom of the screen

12d. Delete the old widget! It is the one that does not have the search icon on it.. looks like a magnifying glass

12e. Its working on my transformer great!

-----

13a. On my Droid X2 Android version 2.6.32.9 I pressed an ope spot of the screen to display an add to Home screen menu

13b. Select Android widgets

13c. Find the NEW Evernote icon. Select the icon and it will be added to your screen.

13d. If you selected a 4X2 size then another..

13e. A customize widget screen appears, change what you like and press done at the bottom of the screen

13f. Delete the old widget! It is the one that does not have the search icon on it.. looks like a magnifying glass

12g. Its working on my Droid X2 great!

This is the best instructions I could write... It may not be exactly correct because of device and OS differences...

Hope I was helpful!!

I tried the above method... But still the same problem.

Not able to upload notes.

I'm still not understanding how installing new widget will solve note upload problem.

In my view it might be connected to evernote itself.

I am getting the 'Note loading error - Note not found' when I click on links I created in a note. The links work fine on the PC Client. They used to work fine on the previous version of Evernote for Android. Evernote v4.0.4, Android 2.3.3, Samsung Galaxy S2.

Update: 03/07/2012

Just to be sure, I re-installed Evernote for Android (downloading all data again), but the problem still exists. I have not raised a support ticket because others in this thread say they have done so.

• 3 weeks later...

This problem is now been fixed for me when I installed the latest update from Evernote via Google Play. Well done Evernote!

Yes, it took some time, but Evernote is workable again. I especially like the ability to indent bullets not on Android devices. Evernote has great potential as an outliner.

Archived