(Archived) HOWTO: Exit viewing encrypted text without re-encrypting?

mkraft77

Idea

2 replies to this idea

If I understand your question correctly you can't do what you are asking. The decrypted area re-encrypts anytime an action is taken outside of the encrypted space unless you've chosen "decrypt text permanently" prior to entering in your encryption password.

If I understand your question correctly you can't do what you are asking. The decrypted area re-encrypts anytime an action is taken outside of the encrypted space unless you've chosen "decrypt text permanently" prior to entering in your encryption password.

Thanks. I was referring to the status of the note after entering the password to view it, and after the decrypted note is then displayed.

Once that occurs, I don't see any options for further editing of the note (except "decrypt text permanently"), including not even a way to navigate outside the field in which the decrypted text appears -- e.g., to add other, unencrypted, text to the note.

Archived