Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
chefoncall

chrome (Archived) HELP [Chrome]: Clipper not working

Since the new clipper was released, I cannot clip selections. Once it makes the selection, the page turns black or the print becomes very large and inverted. Either way, the text is unreadable. I have deleted he clipper twice and reinstalled and deleted all cookies related to Evernote. The clipper worked once this morning after I deleted and reinstalled but when I tried to clip again, the selection went black.

The selection clips properly to Evernote, but I can't read what I am selecting. It makes it difficult to add tags when i can"t read what I'm selecting.

Hi chefoncall

Can you please post your OS version, Chrome version and what URL this is happening on so we can investigate a fix for it. Thx.

Mac OS X 10.7.4, Chrome Version 19.0.1084.53. It has occurred on multiple URL's but here is one for the NY Times that the text appeared oversized and inverted. The second time I tried to clip it, the screen went black. The clipper is set to save the article but I have tried to change it to save the page with the same effect. Thanks for your help.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/06/dining/pesto-bliss-produced-by-sound-and-touch.html

I had no problem with that page on OSX 10.6.8 and Chrome clipper 5.3.2.

Is 19.0.1084.53 a version number for the Chrome clipper?

I've had the page-turning-black issue, but only twice in the last several days (and never before that), and I clip a lot (110 clips in the last three days).

That's the version of Chrome and I'm on version 5.4 for the clipper. I never had a problem before version 5.4.

This problem is already fixed in the next version.

Out of curiosity, are you using MacBook Pro (or another Mac with a radeon graphics card in it)? This seems to only occur on Macs that don't have Intel graphics.