(Archived) QUESTION: Why aren't my PDFs searchable?

aleyon

Idea

Hey everyone.

I've had EN Prem. since March this year, and seeing as I don't really use it much, I haven't really bothered following up the reason why none of my PDFs are serachable (although right-clicking them does present the option "Save As Searchable PDF"). I think the fact that the attachment status says that they are yet to be indexed has something to do with it. I couldn't find a solution on the web, and I'd rather ask here than contact support staff, TBH.

Note that most of my scans have been done through ScanDrop, but I doubt that affects the structure of the PDF files.

Best regards

Alex

On OS X 10.7, EN 3.1.0

edit:

I'll add that scanned images (through Mac Image Capture) that are shown as indexed are perfectly searchable.

4 replies to this idea

Did you upload them in March, or more recently? I've had to wait a couple of weeks for some PDFs to be OCRed, since there's a backup in the queue (meaning that if you put a PDF in Evernote, say, this weekend or even last week, it's not surprising that it's not OCRed yet).

Sorry to bump this, but it seems the question was never answered.

I've noticed that PDF attachments are searchable, but if I open the PDF attachment in Acrobat locally, it doesn't appear to be OCR'ed. So I can search, but I can't highlight or copy and paste text. I'm using Evernote premier. Is this intentional, or am I missing something?

Archived