(Archived) BUG: Evernote forgets password Version 3.1.0 (246062)

Anton.Bolo

Idea

I've recently updated the software via AppStore to 3.1.0, after the update Evernote periodically asks me to reenter my password.

So far it happened twice in last week or so. Is this a new feature (forget password after a week similar to web login), or glitch?

9 replies to this idea

I have just had Evernote 3.1.0 ask me for my password, too.

However, in my case it's not accepting my password. I can login to evernote.com but the Evernote App is saying I'm using an incorrect Username or Password with the exact same credentials.

I haven't figured out why, yet.

I resolved my issue!!!

I use caps in my username, but Evernote doesn't.

I log in with no caps and it worked. So, username is case sensitive but they don't let you use uppercase.

This is actually unusual as if you disallow uppercase you don't usually force case-sensitivity upon login.

At least it works now. And what's more is that I think the Evernote App kept my username so I THINK it allowed me to use Caps prior to this update.

I've recently updated the software via AppStore to 3.1.0, after the update Evernote periodically asks me to reenter my password.

So far it happened twice in last week or so. Is this a new feature (forget password after a week similar to web login), or glitch?

I think it's a new bug. I'm seeing it too. Even when "keep me logged in" is checked. Mostly when I use the laptop without a network connection and go through a couple sleep/wake cycles. (Note: I don't have capital letters in my user name or password, unlike the comments below, so that's not it)

Would be nice if Evernote fixed this.

This bug still exists in Mac 3.1.2 which I downloaded yesterday morning (6/7/12) via the application option "Check for Updates..."

I'm using Mac OSX 10.6.8 current with all software updates as of today.

I launch Evernote, it asks "Evernote wants to use your confidential information in "Evernote" in your keychain. Do you want to allow access to this item?" I clicked "Always Allow" and it opens my list of notebooks. Perfect

If I close the app and relaunch it, it AGAIN asks me for permission to use the confidential info in my keychain.

I went into Keychain Access, deleted the entry for Evernote (the app), launched Evernote, got the login window, made sure "Stay logged in" was checked. Entered my login and password, file opens. Quit, and it again asks permission to use my keychain info next time I launch a minute later. No restart.

If I click "Always Allow", stop asking me every time. This is definitely an ongoing bug!!

CZ

Happened again, I was able to find activity log:

2012-06-22 11:57:47 sync [ENSyncEngine] INFO: Sending linked notebook changes...

2012-06-22 11:57:47 sync [ENSyncEngine] INFO: Syncing content of linked notebooks...

2012-06-22 11:57:47 sync [ENSyncEngine] INFO: Sync complete.

2012-06-22 12:12:47 main [ENCachingAuthHelper] ERROR: Unable to authenticate: EDAMUserException(errorCode:9,parameter:"authenticationToken")

2012-06-22 12:12:48 main [ENSyncEngine] WARN: Sync started without auth token.

2012-06-22 12:12:48 main [ENAppController] INFO: Signing out MY_LOGIN/Evernote...

2012-06-22 12:12:48 main [ENBootstrapProfileManager] DEBUG: -[ENBootstrapProfileManager retrieveBootstrapInfo:]: profile data already retrieved.

2012-06-22 12:12:48 main [ENBootstrapProfileManager] DEBUG: -[ENBootstrapProfileManager retrieveBootstrapInfo:]: but force is YES, so starting profile retrieval.

It looks like server-reported authentication error, which triggers client re-authentication.

I haven't changed password anywhere near this time, so I guess there is some cached token which gets expired.

Archived