REQUEST: Ability to clip multiple tabs at once

Istandalone

Idea

A New feature request!

I generally open more then one tab, sometimes 5, 10 tabs and I want to be able to "bookmark" them all at once in Evernote!

Now if there a way to do this already let me know!

If not, then please can we get this feature added????

14 replies to this idea

That may be a bit confusing!

So...

Regardless of whether your using Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, or other web browser that supports tabs.

You can save all tabs into your bookmarks at once!

The question is how can I do this in Evernote??? If note then that would be a very useful feature and I am requesting it please!!!

A New feature request!

I generally open more then one tab, sometimes 5, 10 tabs and I want to be able to "bookmark" them all at once in Evernote!

Now if there a way to do this already let me know!

If not, then please can we get this feature added????

tabs=Evernote Notes?

Mark them und copy the links (right click on the marked links, paste this in a note or somewhere else)

I'd like to add a vote for this too! I've been dreaming about how good it would be for ages.

Cos it's not just about saving a bunch of web page URLs for later reference. For me, it's wanting to 'chunk' a heap (5-12) of links together that are about the same topic, and I want to bundle them all nicely together with a new note Title and description and tags so I can find it later - AND remember why I wanted to find it later!

I've mentioned this to a few people who just don't understand. They tell me to "copy and paste them into a note" as Parisie says above. But creating a new note, then copying and pasting 12 times over takes time.

I also don't like cluttering up my browser bookmark folders with the types of URL collections I'm talking about. I've tried it in the past with a folder I called "Temporary" but it just turned into link chaos.

So I'm with you, Istandalone. You don't stand alone on this topic! :)

Finally a actual response from a Evernote employee!

Carleecomm, (Thank You! For your support) I know what you were saying, but this Firefox extension seems to do the trick for now!

The name is Send Tabs URL will give you the choice of sending ALL open tabs to rither your email or clipboard.

I chose the clipboard and opened Evernote and made one new note and paste ALL open tabs in one note all at once!

Here link to their website (http://aecreations.m...tabs/index.html) and here link to it on Firefox Add-Ons website (https://addons.mozil.../send-tab-urls/)

If you have any trouble or questions let me know I may be able to help!

jbignert - here to Evernote getting this feature working in the next release!

Cheers - Mike

Hi all, :)

I'd love something like this also - and I'd like it to work the way carleecomm has described.

There could perhaps be some options for how it works, to be slected at the time of clipping - ie whether it 'chunks' several links into a single note the way carleecomm has requested, or whether it simply clips all the pages open in tabs (within a single window) as separate notes. I would certainly find both of these options very useful at different times.

Looks like you are beginning to stand in a small crowd, istandalone !!

On 10/2/2012 at 11:25 AM, jbignert said:

Thanks all, interesting idea. Will look into it, I'm not sure an extension that is open in one tab is allowed to communicate with other tabs that are not in focus, but we'll look into it.

I am no developer but I am sure there is a way at least in Chrome as another extension I use for this purpose, OneTab (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/onetab/chphlpgkkbolifaimnlloiipkdnihall), collects all of my tabs from all open windows.

In addition it allows to reject duplicate URLs which is also a life saver over time.

It would be really nice if I could right click on the web-clipper extension and "clip all tabs".

This feature (in Chrome) would save me so much time! Especially if it had a shortcut, like Chrome's "Bookmark all tabs" with cmd + shift + d

What I'm using right now is the Chrome extension TabCopy, which allows me to copy links to all tabs.

I would be delighted if there was a shortcut to clip all tabs in the current window, and automatically create a table of contents note. Maybe the ability to select the notebook(s), tags and remarks (like with clipper now) would be nice, but just being able to clip all tabs and automatically have a table of contents would be amazing.

Archived