(Archived) Drafts Update

psionmark

In my hunt for the quickest and easiest way to get data into Evernote from the iPhone, I've just started looking at an app called Drafts.

I heard it about it on the MacSparky blog and, generally speaking, if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me :)

It'll also link to Facebook, Dropbox and all sorts of other services.

Just downloading now and thought I'd share it in case others find it useful.

• Level 5*

In my hunt for the quickest and easiest way to get data into Evernote from the iPhone, I've just started looking at an app called Drafts.

I heard it about it on the MacSparky blog and, generally speaking, if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me :)

It'll also link to Facebook, Dropbox and all sorts of other services.

Just downloading now and thought I'd share it in case others find it useful.

Hi. Thanks for the tip. I wonder, though, if this would be any improvement on the Mail app, or Fast Ever. It doesn't seem like it would be any faster...

Hi. Thanks for the tip. I wonder, though, if this would be any improvement on the Mail app, or Fast Ever. It doesn't seem like it would be any faster...

I don't think it's any faster, but you can modify the text and there's a history so, for example, you could work on the text multiple times before sending to Evernote (e.g. taking notes during the day).

It also sends to other services, so might be handy for stuff other than Evernote.

Agreed, though, the other options are just as quick purely for Evernote. I personally use Everpad - or did until I found Drafts :)

• 11 months later...

The new Drafts Evernote actions are awesome. I've created one that appends items to a To Do list in Evernote and another that appends stuff to the end of a general notes note.

Really quick way to get stuff in to EN now. Haven't tried it yet, but you can also write in Markdown which creates an HTML note in EN.

Great stuff :)

I've been using (and mentioning it every chance I can on these forums) Drafts for quite some time. It is probably the app I use more than anything else on my iPhone except Gmail. One of the truly outstanding features for me is that it syncs across devices. What I start writing on my iPhone, I can finish on my iPad (and, a little less elegantly on my MBA by sending the text to SimpleNote). And, it supports TextExpander. I'd recommend it to anyone with an iOS device, whether or not they use Evernote.

Yes, almost forgot the TextExpander support and I use it all the time! In some respects, it enables you to use TextExpander with Evernote, which is another bonus.

I truly great app and it lives on my iPhone dock.

• 4 months later...

Archived