Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
NeuroticNotetaker

ios Bug Report: Spell checking on iPad with external keyboard

When using my bluetooth zagg keyboard with the iPad, I can only get spellchecking (red underline of mispelled words) to work as follows:

When you open the note for editing, click in the "Title" field first. Then click back to the body of the note. Mispelled words will be underlined.

However, when switching to a different app on the iPad and then switching back to Evernote, you will need to again click in the "Title" field to reenable spellchecking.

I have the same problem but it is March 2013?! Clicking title then body didn't help. Clicking on a word I know is wrong a couple times sometimes helps...

HELP

The problem is still there. I'm running the latest app on my iPad. I am able to tap into the Title field and then back into the body of the note to get spell checking working.

I don't think the evernote team gives a sh*t about this given how long this bug has been out there.

Can someone from Evernote please respond?!?!?!?!

Evernote must fix this ASAP!!!! Very frustrating bug for those of us using external keyboards and evernote!

How can I use evernote for class notes and homework assignments when I have to use a completely different program for spell check! I'm furious, and seriously trying to find an alternative to evernote, which is a shame because I really loved how well it's worked until now.

seems no body has been given a ***** from evernote. same problem for me. I will beeeeeee forced to find another alternative if there is no solution in near future.

still an issue in iPad Air 2 and iOS 8.1.2 (latest evernote as of this writing)

MS Word works just fine.

any update on this please?

C'mon Evernote, my family has three paid subscriptions and you haven't fixed this problem that has been around for three years at least.