(Archived) BUG [Chrome]: 30-character limit when composing a new tag?

nopivnick

greetings.

it seems I'm no longer able to compose new tags with a character count/length greater than 30 though I am able to select *existing* tags that have 30+ characters ... is this change intentional and if so is there any way to lift the restriction?

Environment:

• Windows 7 SP1 64bit
  • Chrome v19.0.1084.52 m
  • Web Clipper v5.4 Build ID: 251294

Context:

• All other Extensions DISABLED

To Replicate:

1. Click on Evernote Web Clipper extension icon
  2. Insert cursor in the field labelled 'Click to add tags'
  3. Type any string of text longer than 30 characters

Screenshots:

• post-92766-0-87023100-1338389889_thumb.p

is this change intentional and if so is there any way to lift the restriction?

I gather the answer to the first part of my question is 'yes':

• post-92766-0-15672300-1338391297_thumb.p

so now the question becomes ... would it be ill-advised to hack the character limit?

The reason this limit exists is to keep tags from overflowing past the edge of the window. I can change it to 50 for the next release, but keep in mind if you enter a tag name with no spaces (like: this_is_a_really_long_tag_ thats_all_one_really_big_word), it may get truncated and show up with a "..." at the end in the tag entry window (it will still be saved correctly along with the note).

• 3 weeks later...

The reason this limit exists is to keep tags from overflowing past the edge of the window. I can change it to 50 for the next release, but keep in mind if you enter a tag name with no spaces (like: this_is_a_really_long_tag_ thats_all_one_really_big_word), it may get truncated and show up with a "..." at the end in the tag entry window (it will still be saved correctly along with the note).

thank you for the reply, and thank you for implementing the increased character limit!

Archived