(Archived) Feature request: Enter Time and/or Date in Notes with icon

Brendanus

Before starting to use Evernote, I used GNote and I especialy liked a simple feature it had: you could enter the date and or time in a note simply touching a menu icon. As Evernote is great for taking notes or updating notes on the run, this (hopefully) simple addition would be a big bonus, IMHO.

Before starting to use Evernote, I used GNote and I especialy liked a simple feature it had: you could enter the date and or time in a note simply touching a menu icon. As Evernote is great for taking notes or updating notes on the run, this (hopefully) simple addition would be a big bonus, IMHO.

i'll second this or some other form of easy/automatic time stamping. i've shared before - in a previous version, the default title of notes i'd create was a timestamp - simple as that. That was for audio-recordings, perhaps it was unique to those. Great for logging seizure activity. Now, i'm retitling EVERY NOTE (seizure-related, that is) - relying on the timestamp on the audio file's auto-name, which includes a date/time stamp. Quite the regression, if you ask me - removing a feature rather than making it an option. Then again, maybe i'm looking in all the wrong places for said option.

TIME is the key - when i have seizure activity, it is typically 3-4 in a day. A date doesn't cut it. After having a seizure, i am not "with it" enough to comprehend time, to include it as speech. It's fairly simple to document a seizure: tap any button to wake phone, tap widget on screen, and bam - i'm recording. Previously, if i wasn't able to speak, that was OK. I had a timestamp, i knew when it happened (just as valuable as further specifics.) Then later, i could add more specifics to the note, if i could recall. A "tap-to-stamp" button as mentioned would be great, bus as i mentioned, the previous method of using a timestamp as the default title is perfect and effortless, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks so.

Archived