(Archived) HELP: Issue with new notebook [RESOLVED]

Reverend Beavis

Idea

I created a new notebook today and set it as the default. I moved some existing notes into the new notebook (called "Temp"). When I select the Temp notebook, I get the "The Notebook Is Empty" message in the note window, even though the note count is correct. The notes show up fine in the web and iPad versions. The notes in question also show up fine when I select "All Notebooks".

I deleted the desktop version and reinstalled (Version 3.1.2 Beta 1 (05/16/2012) build 251394), but no luck. I've attached a screenshot.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I created a new notebook today and set it as the default. I moved some existing notes into the new notebook (called "Temp"). When I select the Temp notebook, I get the "The Notebook Is Empty" message in the note window, even though the note count is correct. The notes show up fine in the web and iPad versions. The notes in question also show up fine when I select "All Notebooks".

I deleted the desktop version and reinstalled (Version 3.1.2 Beta 1 (05/16/2012) build 251394), but no luck. I've attached a screenshot.

hi. i don't see the screenshot. i don't know what to say. if it were me, i'd want to re-install and try again after backing up my data. basically, i think you have three options.

(1) create a support ticket (see my sig) and wait for evernote support to get back to you. follow their directions. see what happens. it might take a few days, because it is a holiday weekend. but, this is probably "safest."

(2) you can uninstall and re-install evernote. your case is a little tricky, though, because something appears to be wrong with your database. so, create a new user profile on your mac (not for evernote). log out of your current user (on the mac). log into the new one (on the mac). download evernote. log into your evernote account. all of the notes should sync perfectly. the reason you want to do this is so that you can have a copy of your database safe and secure somewhere on your hard drive. assuming this works fine, backup with time machine just in case now, log out of that user (on your mac), log into your regular user (on the mac), uninstall evernote, and re-download it. hopefully, this will clear everything up!

(3) try to get your notes into your app using a workaround. create a new evernote account. share your notebook from your current account (on the web) with the new one. open the new one, copy all of the notes from the shared notebook (your old account stuff) into your new account. now you have two copies of your notes. you can now share this notebook with your old account. copy the notes over, and you'll have them all. the problem is that something seems fishy with your evernote app on the mac, so i would be more in favor of #2 and #3.

Archived