(Archived) BUG: Not seeing Software Update preferences tab

deanouellette

Idea

I noticed the below message about checking for beta updates. When i go to Preferences I only see tabs for General, Sync, Clipping, shortcuts and Formatting... I dont see one for Software update??

Anyone else?

Some users of Evernote for Mac version 3.1.1 have experienced errors when connecting with the Evernote service. These errors include:

• "Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote service."
  • An "MOC" error (viewable in the Activity Log screen).

Both of these issues have been resolved in version 3.1.2 of Evernote for Mac. This release is currently in beta, but you can install it easily by following these steps:

• Open Evernote for Mac.
  • Click the "Software Update" tab in the Preferences dialog box.
  • Check the "Update to beta versions when available".
  • Close the Preferences dialog box.
  • Click "Check for Updates" from within the Evernote menu.

This will inform you that version 3.1.2 is available for download give you the option to install it. After installing the new version, the above issues should be resolved. If you've updated to 3.1.2 are are still experiencing the above issues, contact Evernote support.

6 replies to this idea

Hi All,

As I understand it, danawcook is right.

The Beta will not be offered in those that have installed via the Mac App Store. I also believe that it is there was something advising against swapping from the app store version to the direct download version if you had local notebooks. (Based on Jacks posts in the comments on the blog)

From the blog:

Important Update (6pm PT 11/1): Because of overwhelming interest in the Evernote 5 for Mac Beta, the Evernote Service is becoming overloaded, which is causing users to experience various usability issues. This is due to large numbers of users re-syncing their entire accounts as part of the transition from a Mac App Store download to a direct downloaded version of Evernote.

If you downloaded Evernote from the Mac App Store, we are unable to provide you with the Beta at this time. This will help maintain service quality for all Evernote users. We have updated the instructions below. We hope to provide a Beta update option for Mac App Store users prior to public availability.

http://blog.evernote.com/2012/11/01/evernote-5-for-mac-beta-is-here/

Scott

Archived