(Archived) Evernote for Mac 3.1.2 Beta 1

dlu

Idea

Hello People of Mac!

We have a new beta that add stability and new features. This release should fix several syncing issues and login issues. You can now login with usernames with capital letters, and login via email address. We're still working on something for users who have only used local notebooks and previously did not create an Evernote account.

New features:

Activity Toolbar icon

This displays activity from shared notebooks. After you sync, you'll get notifications for new changes in notebooks you've shared with others (or activity that others have shared with you). We're very excited to have you all use this and give feedback. We think it'll give you better insight into activity that others have been doing in your notebooks.

Editing of Saved Searches

Right clicking on a saved search has a menu item to Edit Saved Search. This allows you to rename and change the search query you typed in.

Rotate Images

Right click on an image and you can rotate clockwise and counterclockwise

Rename attachments

If you're going to save a file onto your harddrive, you can first rename the file to make files easier to identify.

Hope you guys enjoy this. If you run into any problems, please post here.

thanks!

If you've opted into the Betas, you can go to Help >> Check for Updates

If you're not auto-updating, you can get the beta here: http://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/mac/prerelease/Evernote_251394.zip

22 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Inexplicable. I now have the dialog telling me that I can rename the resource, so that is just what I wanted. No problems.

Images are also rotating 90 degrees, as JM reported.

Could it be that I needed to exit and restart Evernote (I turned the computer off overnight)? Of, could it have been my addled brain? I don't know. I wish I would have taken screenshots :)

My beta continues to ask for password " xxxxx Your password seems to have changed. Please type in your new password"

Password hasn't changed - I used it just now to log in here. Working fine until today.

I work on a mac. I have installed the new version of Evernote. However I still can't login with my emailadres. What can I do?

Log a support request: I am having this same issue; on advice of the support team, I am currently re-installing Evernote on my Mac (after wiping the complete local database) So far it seems OK and I am able to access and edit my notes again, although it is still syncing my notebooks.

On my side, it didn't occur immediately after the upgrade to this beta, so I am keeping my fingers crossed in the next few days.

• Level 5*

Quick feedback on this version:

I have many notes, that contain a PDF file that is displayed "inline". Since this update when I select one of these notes, it takes a very long time until it is being displayed. Considerably longer than before!

Can anyone confirm that?

hi. that reminds me. i have my pdfs set to display as attachments, but ever since the last version (reported the bug there i think), i can only see pdfs inline. it is very, very, very slow to display past the second page. however, the first page of the pdf renders immediately for me.

Quick feedback on this version:

I have many notes, that contain a PDF file that is displayed "inline". Since this update when I select one of these notes, it takes a very long time until it is being displayed. Considerably longer than before!

Can anyone confirm that?

• Level 5*
]Rotate Images

I'll have to play with this some more, but so far, all I get are 180 degree turns.

Works fine for me. Each rotation was 90º.

• Level 5*

When you rename an attachment, Evernote uses the new name

Seems to work fine for me. When I right-click on Attachment icon, I see an option for "Rename resource ..."

Selecting this option I get a popup dialog to rename the attachment.

> Activity Toolbar icon

good feature

> Editing of Saved Searches

this is a very useful feature, thank you very much!!

> Rotate Images

great, thanks

> Rename attachments

i'm with grumpymonkey on this one

• Level 5*

Activity Toolbar icon

This displays activity from shared notebooks. After you sync, you'll get notifications for new changes in notebooks you've shared with others (or activity that others have shared with you). We're very excited to have you all use this and give feedback. We think it'll give you better insight into activity that others have been doing in your notebooks.

It works great so far. Very impressive, and quite useful. Now, if you can get the shared notebooks to (1) load more quickly for users without an evernote cookie (reported elsewhere), (2) work in browsers in iOS, (3) allow note links to work in iOS, and (4) let us search shared notebooks together with out account notebooks, then I will be ecstatic :) You may not be able to do anything about Google, but for some reason the search crawler refuses to index shared notebooks, so I think that also limits their usefulness. But, that is not a Mac problem, so Mac guys are off the hook for this!

]Editing of Saved Searches

Right clicking on a saved search has a menu item to Edit Saved Search. This allows you to rename and change the search query you typed in.

This is a great addition. I would still like to see a search explanation somewhere, but this at least makes saved searches accessible again.

]Rotate Images

I'll have to play with this some more, but so far, all I get are 180 degree turns.

]Rename attachments

If you're going to save a file onto your harddrive, you can first rename the file to make files easier to identify.

Seems to work OK, but I was kind of hoping to be able to rename attachments inside of Evernote. I could already rename them outside of it.

A nice update so far. I will keep working with it and post any bugs I find later.

Search problems explained here (which existed on previous versions) remain in this one:

http://discussion.ev...search-results/

http://discussion.ev...284#entry135284

(Dlu and other employees: I explained my problem in support ticket #16051-94106. When I filed that ticket, I was using 3.0.7 beta 5. Support asked me to downgrade to 3.0.6, so I did. The problem remained, and they told me it was a bug they were looking to fix, at which point they closed the ticket. I have since upgraded to 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 beta 1, and the problem has occurred on all these versions. I won't open a new ticket for a problem Evernote is already aware of, but I hope—and I know cjdeheer hopes—this problem doesn't keep happening in too many future versions.)

dlu, this sounds great.

Does this Beta include fixes for the Assign Tags bug when using Multi-Select UI?

This is the bug that causes the tag token to not auto-complete and sometimes double up on letters? If so, then yes. That fix is in here. We found two ways to trigger that bug, if there's another way let us know.

thanks!

We have a new beta that add stability and new features. This release should fix several syncing issues and login issues. You can now login with usernames with capital letters, and login via email address. We're still working on something for users who have only used local notebooks and previously did not create an Evernote account.

dlu, this sounds great.

I agree. These are some awesome, widely requested features, so thanks. I look forward to playing around with the new version.

• Level 5*

dlu, this sounds great.

Does this Beta include fixes for the Assign Tags bug when using Multi-Select UI?

Archived