(Archived) Link feature

I very much miss the feature that version 2.2 had: to link notes.

Also, I have an idea to improve on this and which would make Evernote more killer ap in this area: integrate a wiki-like link method in the notes. That is, with a shortcut you could change any word in your note into a link to any of your notes in your Evernote notebooks! This doesnt seem so complicated but would enhance capabilities of this great appalication in a fantastic way! A Wiki in Evernote would be awesome!

Yes PLEASE!

This is a feature I would love to have.

I often write lists (Table of Content, if you will) that I would like to link to respective note. But I also use links to make cross references between connected notes.

So, please unleash the TRUE power of hyperlinks! And make it easy and user friendly to create and swap links...

That would make Evernote the true Killer App!

I'd love to see linking between notes too, especially if it was wiki-style! I deliberated for a while over whether Evernote or a wiki should be my main note store, and although I use Evernote for most of my notes now I still keep some in a TiddlyWiki as I really appreciate the way you can connect ideas in a wiki. If Evernote became more wiki-like I really could use it for all of my notes, which I would much prefer.

I have to put a vote in for this feature as well. I just came across the need to link to another note, and assumed it had the ability. I simply don't understand why key features of older releases are not automatically included when a product is "improved" (the lack of ability to distinguish amongst tags via colors, icons, ordering, etc, is another key example of this).

I have to put a vote in for this feature as well. I just came across the need to link to another note, and assumed it had the ability. I simply don't understand why key features of older releases are not automatically included when a product is "improved" (the lack of ability to distinguish amongst tags via colors, icons, ordering, etc, is another key example of this).

The current version of Evernote is technically still in Beta, which means it isn't the "final" version, therefore many features that are planned aren't there yet. According to Evernote (http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6542#p24332), most of the old functionality will be introduced in the newer version, but not all in one go. If we keep reminding them of the features we really want and why we need them we'll probably see them added eventually!

After a couple of months of using Evernote 3.0, I decided to copy and paste all my new notes back into 2.2 and go with the old version. The main reason: no link feature. This is absolutely essential for my purposes. I won't be tempted again to go to the new version until this feature is added.

• 2 weeks later...

Evernote for Windows developers - please revisit and implement the Copy Link feature back into Evernote 3.0. It was one of the best features in 2.2. I realize it is more complicated to implement in 3.0 vs 2.2, but it usefulness is worth the effort.

Thanks,

-Mike

• 11 months later...

Will we see this feature any time soon. I really need this.

Being a Safe Technician I have a database of internal pictures and information to open safes. I then have another database for sales brochures. I want to keep this information separate but to link them together would be awesome.

I also have many other needs for this feature.

ETA Please!

Archived