(Archived) HOWTO: Full-screen note view

ooloth

Idea

Hi there,

I just have a small feature request, which is to be able to view a single note in fullscreen view. If there is already a way to do this, I'd love to know. At the moment, the full screen view just displays thumbnails of all of my notes, which open in separate windows, and it would be great to work on a single document without distractions.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi there,

I just have a small feature request, which is to be able to view a single note in fullscreen view. If there is already a way to do this, I'd love to know. At the moment, the full screen view just displays thumbnails of all of my notes, which open in separate windows, and it would be great to work on a single document without distractions.

hi. welcome to the forums!

you are almost there. double click on a note to open it in a new window. then, click on the green button in the upper left-hand corner. this will expand the note to cover the entire screen. good luck!

Hi GrumpyMonkey,

Thanks for the reply. By full screen I meant the new full screen mode available in Lion, rather than simply maximizing a window. For example, Pages lets you go into a special full screen mode when working on a document that lets you immerse yourself in a nice, distraction free environment. It's definitely not a big deal, but it would be a nice touch.

• Level 5*

Hi GrumpyMonkey,

Thanks for the reply. By full screen I meant the new full screen mode available in Lion, rather than simply maximizing a window. For example, Pages lets you go into a special full screen mode when working on a document that lets you immerse yourself in a nice, distraction free environment. It's definitely not a big deal, but it would be a nice touch.

yep. that's what i meant.

go to full screen, double click on a note, and then press the green button. the note will take up the entire screen. in my opinion, it is superior to pages, because it actually uses the whole screen.

Archived