(Archived) BUG: "Copy To Notebook" not working properly

chrisrkline

Idea

I run Evernote 3 on a Mac running Snow Leopard. I routinely use the "Copy to... again" to copy notes back into the current folder. I have used this for quite awhile in earlier versions, but it will no longer work reliably since my upgrade to version 3. When I copy one note, it usually makes two extra copies. If I try to copy multiple selected items, it will only copy one of them, and again, it will copy that one twice. Any suggestions? Thank you.

4 replies to this idea

I have the same problem. I was regularly selecting multiple notes from my Templates folder and selecting "copy to notebook" and it made one copy of each note in the designated folder. Since upgrading to Evernote 3.1.0, if I select multiple notes, it only copies the first note selected. If I select each individual note and select "copy to x again" it makes multiple copies.

This is a daily workflow issue for me.

Any ideas or fixes planned?

We made some changes to that in 3.1.1 that should be coming to the AppStore soon.

Hi there,

Any update on this? It's been two weeks and this bug is really disruptive to some of the Evernote habits I'd created. Like Dan said above, this is a daily workflow issue. (The Mac version contains so many disappointing bugs like this (in comparison to the PC version. Why?)

We made some changes to that in 3.1.1 that should be coming to the AppStore soon.

Hi there,

Any update on this? It's been two weeks and this bug is really disruptive to some of the Evernote habits I'd created. Like Dan said above, this is a daily workflow issue. (The Mac version contains so many disappointing bugs like this (in comparison to the PC version. Why?)

We're still working with Apple on this.

You can switch over to our latest beta (3.1.2 Beta 2) which has the bug fix. The steps to do that are below. I'd suggest backup important data and contacting customer support if you have any questions along the way.

• Quit the Evernote Client - Select Evernote from top menu - select Quit Evernote from menu options
  • This should remove the app from the Mac dock
  • Go to applications folder and drag the Evernote App to the trash
  • Click on the below link to upgrade to the latest beta client

http://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/mac/prerelease/Evernote_251394.zip

Archived