(Archived) QUESTION: What is "Support for switching between accounts" in 3.1.0?

kerosin

Idea

Hello

I'm using 2 evernote accounts (Work & home) and the nice "Evernote Switcher" to switch between both accounts.

I've now updated to Evernote 3.1.0 and saw in the "What's new?" section that Evernote has "Support for switching between accounts".

But I couldn't find out what has really been implemented there. How can I switch accounts from within Evernote? Could someone explain me how it is supposed to work?

Thank you very much.

Best regards, Eric

3 replies to this idea

What you do it click on "Evernote" in the menu bar and then click "Sign Out". It then goes to a login screen where you can log into Evernote as a different user. It downloads everything just like your other account. What's great is that when you sign back into your other account, everything is still there! If you go into your Library///Application Support///Evernote... in finder, it shows an accounts folder with each sign-in having a different section. :-) It's a great feature.

Hope that helps - let me know if you need more help.

Thanks for the reply.

It's a first step in the right direction, but it isn't really user-friendly yet.

• There should be a possibility to save the account names in a way that you can choose from a list (like in Evernote Switcher)
  • A "save password" setting to be able to switch faster would be very good too
  • A button to switch accounts would be great (more a nice to have feature)

I agree - though what I'm hoping for most is that they'll integrate a background sync for other account you're downloaded but aren't currently active, that way you don't have to constantly switch accounts when you're online to insure that you have updated info if you switch accounts when you're offline.

It's still new - it'll only get better. :-)

Archived