(Archived) Evernote transfer allotments too low

I'd like to see Evernote syncing over MobileMe, an external data store of some kind (SFTP), or a transfer limit that makes sense.

I've been looking for a tool like Evernote for quite some time, but the app is virtually useless to me because of the limits on transfer. I'd like to use Evernote to archive and organize my PDFs, photos, audio files, etc., and neither the 40MB transfer or 500MB transfer is anywhere near enough. It isn't uncommon for me to put well over a GB onto one of my online data stores on a weekly basis, and that number is only going to grow.

I get that Evernote has to make money and I've got no problem with that, but there really ought to be another way to sync outside of the Evernote web service itself. 500MB/mo transfer is downright laughable in this day and age, and the price is a complete and total ripoff ($7.95/mo on box.net gets you 5GB storage space and unlimited transfer). I would gladly pay for the Evernote client itself if it offered the ability to sync outside of the Evernote cloud, and/or I would gladly pay a monthly or annual fee for Evernote web services if they were spec'd accordingly.

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but one look at Evernote's competitors with built-in syncing (Yojimbo, Together, etc) shows just how powerful and useful these tools can be on large data sets. Evernote can't even handle my PDF collection without going over a month's worth of Premium data transfer.

Keep in mind that if you pay for an annual subscription ($45), you are paying $3.75 per month and can upload a total of 6GB of notes in that year. This is more storage for half the price of your example, and we provide a lot more value and services than raw file storage ... web clipping, searching, image processing, etc.

Obviously, if all you want is a place to store a big archive of files from your hard drive, you can get a pretty good deal on 8GB flash drives these days, but we think that our software provides some pretty good value beyond raw file storage.

Thanks

Loving Evernote too much sounds a little creepy. ;-)

We have had other feedback from people who would like to be able to pay for greater allowances within a given month, and we're investigating options. (For now, we've been helping people on a one-off basis via technical support.) We understand that the option may be important for people, even if they never actually need to use it.

Thanks

Archived