(Archived) HOWTO: Date-triggered action [NOT SUPPORTED]

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a feature in Evernote that will enable me to place a future date beside my client's name. When the date arrives or a few days before the date, I will be notified by Evernote to do a certain action. The action will be based on what I input with the date.

Have a great Mother's Day weekend!

Thanks,

Arcy

• Level 5*

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a feature in Evernote that will enable me to place a future date beside my client's name. When the date arrives or a few days before the date, I will be notified by Evernote to do a certain action. The action will be based on what I input with the date.

Have a great Mother's Day weekend!

Thanks,

Arcy

as an alternative, you could post-date a note by modifying the created date attribute (favored by many users) or putting the date into the title (favored by me). what this means is that if you sort your notes alphabetically, your dated notes will arrange themselves chronologically from the earliest future date, down through the present, and back into the past. if you keep a daily journal and use evernote regularly (the first thing i check every morning) then you'll see the scheduled item.

the obvious problem is that this is a self-notification system, and there is nothing automated. establishing routines (using evernote regularly and checking your journal each day) makes it work. without a routine, you'll probably be better off with google calendar (will send you alerts) or some other third-party app. personally, i prefer to have it all in one place, so the post-dating works well.

sometime this century evernote has promised us a due-date attribute, so perhaps when they roll that out, then they will bring along some automation as well :)

GM...have converted to your method...after four weeks loving it...not sure I have my note view set up correct...cannot find the created date to set for tickler...not sure how to sort alphabetically either...thanks in advance

• Level 5*

GM...have converted to your method...after four weeks loving it...not sure I have my note view set up correct...cannot find the created date to set for tickler...not sure how to sort alphabetically either...thanks in advance

hi. i hope it is working well for you. the windows platform is really humming this year, with lots of great features. if you do list view, then it will be easy for you to see how to sort alphabetically (Title). this will arrange everything chronologically. i think you may have to click something on the right-hand side of the notes to get the metadata to show. once you do that, then you can edit the created date. as for tickling, i will leave that to your significant other :)

Archived