(Archived) REQUEST: Clipper for iPad3

terryl

I've tried downloading the web clipper for iPad onto my new ipad but all that happens is the download is placed into Evernote as a new note. I assume that I am doing something wrong but I don't know what. Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Terry

• Level 5*

hi. welcome to the forum!

as far as i know, there is no web clipper for the ipad in safari (the default browser). you will find a web clipper for icab mobile, though (a free download). and, there is also a hack for doing it in safari, but i haven't tried it myself. hopefully, another user will be along to post that here.

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to iPad as well as Evernote and wasn't sure if the Safari web clipper was the same on Macs as well as the iPad. From what you say that is not the case. Appreciate your help.

• Level 5*

As I understand it, Apple on the iPad does not allow Safari plug-ins for anyone, so things are a little more difficult. What I usually do is copy the entire page, press the icon at the top to email a link, paste the content of the page, and then email it to my Evernote account. I don't find this to be too much more time and trouble than using a Web Clipper. Some people do, though, so you might want to give iCab Mobile a try.

Glad I could help!

• 1 month later...

Hello, am new to Evernote. I am trying to download the safari webclipper extension onto my iPad 2 but it just appears as a note in the application and doesn't seem to do anything else. I've tried d'l-ing a couple of times now, same result. Is this the same issue as for the ipad3 as described above? Many thanks for any hints.

• Level 5*

Hi. There is o Safari web clipper for iOS (iPad and iPhone) as far as I know. There is only one for OSX. There is a hack available (somewhere on these forums) to get Safari to clip pages. However, I mainly use iCab Mobile on the iPad instead. It has many more features than Safari, and it is free :)

• Level 5*

Thanks very much, GM. I will look up iCab! All the best, Dawn

Glad I could help :)

Also, I should mention that clicking on a link from within Evernote will open up the page inside the app, and you can clip from there. It is basically Safari without navigation, so of limited use, but if you (for example) follow a link to Google, you could go from there to just about any destination, and then clip the contents. I tend to do this on the iPhone (where iCab Mobile isn't quite as nice of an experience) and use iCab Mobile with the iPad.

Archived