(Archived) Syncing notes with another user

Hope this is the proper forum. My wife and I have the Motorola Atrix. I want to gain the capability for both of us to share? sync? the same notes. From what I've read in documentation and knowledgebase, it appears possible but I'm comletely confused with the lingo.

I have an Evernote acount with a notebook I'll call 'husbands.' Syncs perfectly.

I have three notes within 'Husband's' I want to share with my wife, ummm, maybe. I don't know if 'share' is the word I want. I want her to be able to access and change 3 of the 5 notes in 'Husband' but I don't want to do this manually (e.g., email). What I'm hoping is Evernote has a way for any change to any of those 3 notes to be synced automatically to both phones.

Can this be done? Does she need a separate account? Separate notebook? Can I allow her to access 3 notes if she logs in to my account but not to see/change the other 2 on her phone? I have no problem with her seeing all 5 notes but I don't want them all synced to her phone.

I hope I have explained my problem accurately.

Let's see if I understand. As a free user, it is possible to share my notes with another user, but as 'view only.' Is that correct? If so, how do I do that? I can't find a how-to in Evernote documentation.

I like the capability of multiple people sharing/editing notes, but $45/yr to edit shopping lists is a little steep.

• Level 5*

Most people do a little more than edit shopping lists in Evernote. :) But you should be able to work up a system pretty easily DropBox, or any number of other programs for that matter, if you want free.

Actually, I do quite a bit with EN. Use it very often every day. But my only need for syncing with another user is shopping list or the infrequent share which I do by email. If it turns out I can have another user view-only, that is 90% of what I need.

However - for this user's particular use case, at this time, yes, he can share the users in read-only mode with his wife as a free user on their Android Devices.

• Level 5*

Helllooo Heather. Anyone? How do I accompilish the 'sharing' noted below?

"he can share the users in read-only mode with his wife as a free user on their Android Devices."

Can't find anything in KB or documentation

hi. it looks like you haven't gotten an answer yet. i am not familiar enough with the android platform to offer any advice, but on the desktop versions, you can right-click on a notebook to share it. then, you can choose whether to make it public (read only and viewable by everyone in the world -- if they have the URL). or, you can choose to share it with particular users. you can select the control you want to give.

Very good. Thanks for the quick reply.

1st problem . . . I've looking for the answer by doing it solely in Android. 2nd problem . . . using EN on my PC I can find how to share notebooks but not how to share individual notes. Advice or a link please.

• Level 5*

Very good. Thanks for the quick reply.

1st problem . . . I've looking for the answer by doing it solely in Android. 2nd problem . . . using EN on my PC I can find how to share notebooks but not how to share individual notes. Advice or a link please.

hi. i just don't know enough about android to say. when i get back home i will see. as i recall, i could only do stuff like tweet and facebook notes, and notebooks could not be done. as for sharing individual notes, instead of right-clicking on the notebook, right-click on the note. unfortunately (as far as i know) no one else can edit a note. just a notebook.

Thanks again. Right-click on the note gives no options. I hope someone jumps in and answers. If not, maybe I'll try chatting with support. I feel this should be quite easy but I've read so much on EN Documentation I have confused myself beyond all hope.

To review, all I want is for 1 or 2 EN notes on my Atrix to appear in EN on my wife's Atrix. Editting is not needed. I can find a long list of Sharing options in EN on my Atrix but nothing that hints at 'send this note to another device.'

• 1 year later...

I have same basic need as described above....

Shortly:

I like to Share / Syncronise a single note with my wife (EverNote on my Phone with EverNote on her Phone),

to syncronise "TO DO" things (market, etc..)

I could not find such an option on "Share" settings like "Share with Another EverNote User"

I am currently a Premium User (She Normal User), and like to continue this way with increasing EverNote features....

I hope such feature develop soon (or I hope something missing from my eyes)...

• Level 5*

I have same basic need as described above....

Shortly:

I like to Share / Syncronise a single note with my wife (EverNote on my Phone with EverNote on her Phone),

to syncronise "TO DO" things (market, etc..)

I could not find such an option on "Share" settings like "Share with Another EverNote User"

I am currently a Premium User (She Normal User), and like to continue this way with increasing EverNote features....

I hope such feature develop soon (or I hope something missing from my eyes)...

If you share a notebook with her, then notes in that notebook will be editable by both you and her.

Archived