HOWTO: Find all emails sent through Evernote [NOT POSSIBLE]

espo

Idea

10 replies to this idea

I have tried to find (without luck) where I can view message I have sent thorough Evernote, surely there is some sort of interface where all shared and sent data can be viewed`???

MrKafka, I've merged your post with a topic from the day before, since the question was asked and answered there.

Also, shared and sent notes are totally different. You can find all shared notes by searching "sharedate:*" (note the asterisk).

Wow! Is this something Evernote is going to fix? It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to code Evernote so that emails sent go into a default "Sent" notebook on a person's account.

Is there a way to set it up so Evernote automatically cc's myself by default?

This makes the ability to send emails from Evernote far less useful than I had initially thought. I did not realize this was missing until I needed it today. Tough way to find out!!

Wow! Is this something Evernote is going to fix? It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to code Evernote so that emails sent go into a default "Sent" notebook on a person's account.

This makes the ability to send emails from Evernote far less useful than I had initially thought. I did not realize this was missing until I needed it today. Tough way to find out!!

There really is no way for any of us to know the difficulty of this. Also, it may not be something that's high on their priority list. IOW, difficulty (or even lack thereof) may have nothing to do with it.

And, when you share by email, you have the option to cc yourself. I think that's the default. At least that's the way it is on the Windows client. IDK if the Mac client does this.

Wow! Is this something Evernote is going to fix?

Fix? It's not clear Evernote views this as a bug/problem.

It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to code Evernote so that emails sent go into a default "Sent" notebook on a person's account.

Have you spent much time working with the Evernote API?

Yep, just keep this checked. (It should stayed checked by default once you check it.)

Yep, just keep this checked. (It should stayed checked by default once you check it.)

@PeterfMartin Thank you! I did not realize it would stay checked. I will just keep that turned on from now on.

It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to code Evernote so that emails sent go into a default "Sent" notebook on a person's account.

Have you spent much time working with the Evernote API?

No, I have not specifically worked on Evernote's API, but I have worked on many others. I still hold that something that is coming from a members account shouldn't be a complete nightmare to be notated in a member's account. It could be as simple as coding it such that Evernote defaults to ccing the member's Evernote email address.

However, since there is an easy work around it is not that much of an issue.

I know this is an old topic, but it is still relevant right now as I want to see what the last email I sent out of it was... Frustrating way to find out I can't do it. I haven't worked with the API, but I'm sure the tech boffins could easily do this surely, like someone else said, there has to be some sort of sent folder somewhere doesn't there?

Maybe if we keep asking it will go up on their future feature list?

I know this has been discussed but it would be a HUGE HELP if EN would provide a choice to let you send a note via your own email client. For example, if you're using MS Word, you can share the doc you're working on as an attachment via your default email client. It seems like that would be a relatively easy feature for the EN team to add.

This would allow a choice to use their system or another one depending on who the sender needs it to go to.

EN--please consider!!

Archived