(Archived) INLOVE: If I'd raised $70m in funding in the last few weeks...

• Level 5*

And I was building an app for "remembering anything"...I'd be straight over to www.workflowy.com to make them an offer for their people and code.

I am quite in love.

• Level 5*

I'm afraid I might be a victim of the twitter campaign - but bloody hell, it's a simple app that does a simple task very very well.

So what is workflowy?

To get on the web site to find out what it does you need an account which seems odd. Why would I sign up to something unless I know what it is?

Regards

Chris

• Level 5

Yes, it is odd that they don't have more / some / any promotional material on their site.

They should use some of the $70M on PR.

It is an outline program. There are a few videos on YouTube.

Thanks guys. Just come back from looking at those on you tube.

Don't think it fits in with my work flow, but good to know about it.

Regards

Chris

• Level 5*

Don't think it fits in with my work flow, but good to know about it.

Chris, do you have complicated or long procedures that you need to follow in your business, or do any of your clients?

Or, maybe more importantly, do you have employees, contractors, or team members that execute these procedures?

If so, then you might find this interesting. It is very exciting to me:

• Collapsible list allow you to build a complicated, detailed procedure, but initially display only the top-level steps (maybe only 4-5 one-line steps)
  • These serve as a simple reminder to the person executing the procedure
  • If they know how to do each of these steps, then they are finished.
  • But, if they need reminding of the details of any one of the steps, they can just drill down.

This type of "checklist" step-by-step guide is particularly helpful for procedures that you run infrequently, and need a little help.

This is awesome, so thanks a lot for the tip, Metrodon.

I agree with the rest of you that it's not the best to have to enter an email before seeing at least one how-to video. But the upside is that, as soon as I was done watching the videos, I thought, "Ok, where do I make an account?" And then I saw my email address already there in the top-right and thought, "Wow, this is simple. I'm ready to go!"

I've already reproduced my main tasks and projects for the week (Project: Move to a new continent. Seriously.), and I'll try to keep them updated in both Evernote and WorkFlowy and see which is easier and more effective for me. Or just which I gravitate to more.

Hi Michael,

You really have got me thinking and although it feels like it might tie me down I may just sign up and have a look anyway.

Best regards

Chris

Drat! Signed in on the PC and the videos are all garbled. Cannot see how to sign in and go back to watching the videos on the ipad or mac!

Chris

• Level 5

Drat! Signed in on the PC and the videos are all garbled. Cannot see how to sign in and go back to watching the videos on the ipad or mac!

Chris

Signing on should not affect the videos. I'm on a PC and can see them. Are the two video links mentioned above also garbled?

Archived