(Archived) HOWTO: Remove prior version of note

I couldn't find this question answered elsewhere on the forum so I thought I'd seek an answer here.

I recently found a note that contained sensitive information in my Evernote account. It was in a PDF note. So I loaded up Adobe Acrobat and redacted the text that I did not want to be in my Evernote account.

I synced the account. When I searched for the text, it no longer came back in my search results. The text was blacked out in the PDF in the note. All is good so far.

However, when I thought to look back in my prior versions of the note, the pdf showed up with all the sensitive information on display.

I couldn't find a way to delete prior versions of notes. Is there a way to remove prior versions or is the only way to delete the entire note and create a new one?

Thanks!

Steve Kellam

I've had this same need. The quickest solution i have found is to create a local notebook in your evernote client. I call mine "Encrypted Move". If i move any note into this notebook, sync, then move it back to the original notebook it loses all the versions.

I've had this same need. The quickest solution i have found is to create a local notebook in your evernote client. I call mine "Encrypted Move". If i move any note into this notebook, sync, then move it back to the original notebook it loses all the versions.

Excellent, that's very helpful. It is a pain to have to lose all the other metadata by creating an entirely new note. Thanks.

Steve

You probably need to do it this way in order to give the note a new GUID, which breaks the link to prior versions of the note. And you're not creating an entirely new note, just moving it to a local notebook, syncing & then moving it back to the original notebook.. IE, tags, created date will remain the same.

Archived