REQUEST: Bookmark, highlight and remember position in article

Hello Evernote Community!!

Does anyone else agree that it would be nice if Evernote had the option to remember the last position you left an article? I am using Evernote for a research essay and I have copied all my sources into Evernote, love it! Although, whenever I toggle between articles it starts me back at the top, this is annoying especially for the super long papers. Keep in mind most of my articles are PDFs.

It would also be amazing to be able to highlight and bookmark positions in an article!

Cheers,

Jared

This is a work around, but it works so thanks for the suggestion. If I close the window and open it again it starts at the top. I just think this would be a cool feature. Most mobile "reader" style apps do this by default, but when you're using Acrobat or other non-mobile apps they always start at the top... silly if you ask me.

If you use Acrobat you can insert bookmarks into the document and return to exactly where you want to be. I do this routinely and it takes a few seconds to accomplish.

• 8 months later...

+1 on Bookmark, highlight and remember position in article. Especially the position part.

Adobe is just one use case. I do much of my research with browser. I can use Pocket/Instapaper etc. but they are simpler, which is a good thing, but in many cases too simple.

I would love to be able to clip big articles and later be able to return to where I was.

• 2 months later...

+1 on book,arks. And please suggest if there are any workarounds for the following scenarios apart from the popping out the window portion.

I keep a bunch of commands to be copy and pasted for each of the 3  applications that I often use. I can pop it out but then I have 3 more windows open. I tried with adding them all in one window and I am scrolling up and down.. Maybe I can set up some shortcut key to get that comand or maybe I can reorganize them. But not sure how

• 11 months later...

I just want to add my +1 on this too. Ok to make it an optional setting. I would remind Evernote that if you have a remember last note position, a user can always Ctrl-Shift-Home to get to the top of the current note.

Archived