(Archived) REQUEST: Simple addition in tables ( =sum() )

I would like to be able to perform simple addition with a table. nothing complex, just add up all the numerical values in the cells of a column and place the result in the bottom column. Like a spreadsheet =sum function, but it doesn't need anything fancy, doesn't need a range specified, just adds up all the cells in the same column and places the result in the bottom column.

If a cell in the column does not contain a number, then it's treaded as zero (as are blanks).

It only requires a marker in the cell to indicate it is to contain the total and not another number - it might be possible to do that via the context menu?

IDK if/when this functionality will ever be added, since EN does not publish a roadmap. If you need this, you should create a true spreadheet file (IE Excel), drop it into an Evernote note & use that file, rather than an EN table.

IDK if/when this functionality will ever be added, since EN does not publish a roadmap. If you need this, you should create a true spreadheet file (IE Excel), drop it into an Evernote note & use that file, rather than an EN table.

Well, that means having the Spreadsheet app on my iOS devices to update it and I though an XLS a little over the top for what is a rather simple list, but that's what I'll probably end up doing.

Yeah, I plan my budget (for example) in Numbers app on iPad, I don't store the actual "editable" file in Evernote because apps don't share files on iOS but I do store a note which tells me where and what to look for, so everything is still organized in a single place and is accessible from all my devices, all I have to do is to just manually switch between Evernote and other apps,nwhile it's not a native and predigested solution - it's not a showstopper either.

I wouldn't expect an addition of sum() formula in Evernote. It's not really meant for stuff like this and it'd just bloat the app in my view.

I can see how it could come handy in some cases, however you have to draw the line somewhere.

Frankly, I think the native note editor on iPad is pretty under developed in terms of interface (for the most part) and functionality at this point anyway (even without additions like sum() formulas).

Archived