(Archived) REQUEST: Copy/move multiple notes to a shared notebook

pattygolsteijn

Idea

One part of my work is to set up a workflow for my clients and organize their administration/documents. Part of their administration are paper invoices, receipts, etc. I'll scan them, save them to Evernote where they automatically go to my own inbox (I can't set a shared notebook as the default notebook - not even temporarily).

I'm able to copy 1 note from my inbox to a shared notebook, but selecting more than 1 note makes the shared notebooks grey in the drop down menu and leaves me unable to copy more than 1. Moving to a shared notebook is not even possible with 1 note.

I now have 29 notes sitting in my own inbox which I'll now have to copy 1 by 1 (!) to that shared notebook. Not very efficient it seems...

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
Part of their administration are paper invoices, receipts, etc. I'll scan them, save them to Evernote where they automatically go to my own inbox (I can't set a shared notebook as the default notebook - not even temporarily).

Patty, Evernote might not be the best tool for file management.

You may want to consider DropBox (or similar) service.

• Level 5*

Many of the scanning systems offer an OCR option. If they don't, then many of the PDF programs also offer OCR.

I haven't tested this, but I believe the new Google Drive will also OCR PDF files.

• Level 5

Hi Patty, thanks for posting! We're working very hard to improve the sharing experience in Evernote. This feedback is super helpful and gives us a use-case to test against. Keep your clients updated and let us know if you run across any other pain points.

Archived