(Archived) Enterprise Beta

Folks,

I am not sure a better place to put this. I have a company of 50+ employees and would love to use Evernote as a Paperless solution. To make this work well I would need administration capabilities and recently noticed a number of articles indicating that Evernote is working on this. I would love to be involved with my company to beta test this. Please let me know if there is an interest.

Hi, thanks for the interest and the offer! We haven't made any definitive plans yet on beta vs. early adopters - I'd be concerned about anything that might put your hard-earned (corporate) memories at risk. If you like you can drop me a note at group-accounts at evernote.com and I'll keep you on a list of interested companies. Thanks again for the offer!

• Level 5

I had expressed my concern that Evernote was heading down the road toward an enterprise version.

Evernote embraces the corporate world

I have grave reservations about their decision to jump with both feet into the corporate world of SAP, Blackberry, and Adobe type organizations. The never-ending demands from these new corporate overlords will overwhelm any feedback from individual Evernote users. The current user-requests for a PIN code for iPads will pale in comparison once the IT juggernauts get their claws into Evernote. Some of the Evernote staff have had experience with this sort of corporate life-style and enterprise government security in the past, so they know what they are getting into.

As "Sponsored Accounts" start their long march toward total domination of the company, you can mark December 8, 2010 as a sad day in the history of Evernote. I've seen this happen to other companies desperately looking for quick ways to burn off their sudden influx of investor money. You heard it here first.

There was a quick rebuttal from Evernote's top management.

* statement from Evernote's CEO - Phil Libin
http://discussion.ev...1869#entry71869

* a follow up statement from Evernote's CTO - Dave Engberg
http://discussion.ev...dpost__p__71909

I hope Evernote does not turn my prediction into a reality.

search 48SW37

• Level 5

Ah ha!

So my December 8, 2010 Evernote "Jumps The Shark" prediction was correct.

The Computerworld article helps explain the change in priorities at Evernote.

"
Until now, Evernote mainly targeted individuals and schools, but that is going to change.
"

Time to dust off my crystal ball.

In Evernote speak, I'll come up with my next prognostication "soon".

With startup companies like Instagram selling out for 1 billion dollars, I'm having second thoughts about the 100 year company.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so confused. A 100 year company can't be profitible or sell to the enterprise?

I hope my request to be involved in the solution will be accepted. We are already using evernote as our paperless memory, I would love to have more tools.

• Level 5*

I am so confused. A 100 year company can't be profitible or sell to the enterprise?

I hope my request to be involved in the solution will be accepted. We are already using evernote as our paperless memory, I would love to have more tools.

I'm not sure what there is to be confused about. They are not at the point where they have a beta program for this. Have you written to John McGeachie, as he suggested?

@jefito,

What I am confused about are the comment by jbenson2.

I had expressed my concern that Evernote was heading down the road toward an enterprise version.

Evernote embraces the corporate world

I have grave reservations about their decision to jump with both feet into the corporate world of SAP, Blackberry, and Adobe type organizations. The never-ending demands from these new corporate overlords will overwhelm any feedback from individual Evernote users. The current user-requests for a PIN code for iPads will pale in comparison once the IT juggernauts get their claws into Evernote. Some of the Evernote staff have had experience with this sort of corporate life-style and enterprise government security in the past, so they know what they are getting into.

As "Sponsored Accounts" start their long march toward total domination of the company, you can mark December 8, 2010 as a sad day in the history of Evernote. I've seen this happen to other companies desperately looking for quick ways to burn off their sudden influx of investor money. You heard it here first.

There was a quick rebuttal from Evernote's top management.

* statement from Evernote's CEO - Phil Libin

http://discussion.ev...1869#entry71869

* a follow up statement from Evernote's CTO - Dave Engberg

http://discussion.ev...dpost__p__71909

I hope Evernote does not turn my prediction into a reality.

• Level 5

What I was stating was my opinion about enterprise software and Evernote's rebuttal.

You might not agree with me, but there is no reason to be confused.

I hope Evernote stays a Consumer Focused product.

What I am confused about Jbenson2, is why can't it be both? I frankly wish that Evernote would focus on just four things. Storing information I want to remember, helping me easily capture information for storing, make it easy for me to search for the information when needed and making it easy for me to share that information with others. Frankly I don't see why doing that excludes them from either market.

Right now they store information, capture information for storing and searching for that information when needed but they suck at the sharing part of the equation.

• Level 5*

@jefito,

You should be careful in trying to distinguish between the comments of Evernote employees (even if they're over a year old), which are from inside the company, but may contain some marketing portion, vs. comments/predictions by non-employees, who are necessarily outside the bubble and only speculating. Evernote does seem clear that their main focus is the individual; however, they're not going to ignore the opportunities in offering Evernote for collaboration. Sounds like they're going to move slowly in that direction, rather than with both feet.

How about small agile teams?

Such teams ( ~ 10 people) are not exactly "enterprise" - but can greatly benefit from better sharing & sync options. And we are willing to pay for good service.

Please, consider us.

-- dd

Archived