(Archived) HELP: Evernote rejecting username/password [RESOLVED]

Colinz

Idea

Just opened up Evernote to be greated with a new splash window requesting username and password. However, l get a msg that the username and/or password is incorrect. This is not the case as l have logged into my online account with same username and password.

Can you assist ( preferably without having to change all the details in my various devices ).

Colin

63 replies to this idea

I am having this same issue and have tried EVERYTHING that was suggested in this thread with no luck. I keep getting a password challenge on the MAc client. I have reset my PW several times, I have uninstalled the app several times. I can access my account via web browser, iPad and iPhone but not my MacBook Pro. Please help! Frustrated user!!!

Same problem here. Can't login. Reset password did nothing. Using my username instead of my email wiped out all of my notes and then re-downloaded from the server. Lost a good 30 minutes of work. Here's some user feedback. You lose your customer's trust when they can't get access to their notes. And it's really REALLY bad when you LOSE their notes! Evernote should be a really simple application that works and never loses anything, EVER. After this and all the mobile client bugs, I am losing faith fast!

You should submit this as a support ticket, since it sounds like something went very wrong.

Same problem here. Can't login. Reset password did nothing. Using my username instead of my email wiped out all of my notes and then re-downloaded from the server. Lost a good 30 minutes of work. Here's some user feedback. You lose your customer's trust when they can't get access to their notes. And it's really REALLY bad when you LOSE their notes! Evernote should be a really simple application that works and never loses anything, EVER. After this and all the mobile client bugs, I am losing faith fast!

I had the same problem this morning (Macbook Air 2011, Lion 10.7.4, Evernote 3.1.0). My Windows Phone accepted the password, the Safari app accepted it too. After deleting the password from the Keychain, reinstalling Evernote and rebooting my Mac Evernote still refused to accept it. My solution was logging in with my username, instead of logging in with my email-adress. After doing that, it accepted my password and started loading my notes again. Hope this works for all the users with login problems!

Thanks! Finally able to log in...

I cleared this problem on 3.1.2 by.

Closing evernote.

loading keychain and deleting the evernote entry.

Closing keychain.

Reloading evernote at which point it prompts for the password. Even if you already typed it 99 times before only to have it rejected ... this time it works a charm,

Hi,

I have this problem also. I'm running Evernote Version 3.1.0 (246062) and OS/X 10.7.4. I think I just recently did an update from Mac App Store. Email me if you want logs or anything to help trouble shoot this.

I noticed that I could not see Evernote in my keychain any more on my Macbook (where I have the problem) but I can on my iMac (works fine). I tried using my username and that worked like a charm. Now I can see the Evernote entry in my keychain. Maybe you're having problems writing to the keychain?

Looks like it lost my local db and is now doing a full restore from Evernote back-end.

3.1.0 had a keychain bug where it doesn't migrate properly. The latest beta (and update from AppStore coming soon) will fix this

Same problem here. Tried everything, changing password etc. Weblogin works fine, but on my three Macs - doesn't work! And I'm even on premium, so paying for it.

Does everything include using only your Evernote username in all lowercase? You can also upgrade to the latest beta 2 here:

Hi there,

i had problems to log in too, but I solve this at this time: Normally i wrote my username with a uppercase letter at first. Now i wrote everything in lowercase letters and it works:)

Hi,

I have this problem also. I'm running Evernote Version 3.1.0 (246062) and OS/X 10.7.4. I think I just recently did an update from Mac App Store. Email me if you want logs or anything to help trouble shoot this.

I noticed that I could not see Evernote in my keychain any more on my Macbook (where I have the problem) but I can on my iMac (works fine). I tried using my username and that worked like a charm. Now I can see the Evernote entry in my keychain. Maybe you're having problems writing to the keychain?

Looks like it lost my local db and is now doing a full restore from Evernote back-end.

I had the same problem this morning (Macbook Air 2011, Lion 10.7.4, Evernote 3.1.0). My Windows Phone accepted the password, the Safari app accepted it too. After deleting the password from the Keychain, reinstalling Evernote and rebooting my Mac Evernote still refused to accept it. My solution was logging in with my username, instead of logging in with my email-adress. After doing that, it accepted my password and started loading my notes again. Hope this works for all the users with login problems!

Mine crashes when I attempt to sign out (so that I can sign in without the @me.com email address). Everything worked just fine until today.

Version 3.1.2 Beta 1 (251394)

OSX 10.7.4

Did you upgrade today or did anything else change?

Cannot agree more what upstair has said! Sorry for copying and pasting but I am another FRUSTRATED USER!!

"I am having this same issue and have tried EVERYTHING that was suggested in this thread with no luck. I keep getting a password challenge on the MAc client. I have reset my PW several times, I have uninstalled the app several times. I can access my account via web browser, iPad and iPhone but not my MacBook Pro. Please help! Frustrated user!!! "

• Level 5*
I thought posting it in this thread was doing just that. Looks like a employee from Evernote has been monitoring this thread. How do you set up a support ticket?

No, this is a user discussion forum. Sometimes Evernote employees chime in and troubleshoot or make suggestions, but not al Evernote employees who do so are on the support staff. To open a support request, you can use the link in my signature (it's also in dlu's).

I thought posting it in this thread was doing just that. Looks like a employee from Evernote has been monitoring this thread. How do you set up a support ticket?

No, this is a user discussion forum. Sometimes Evernote employees chime in and troubleshoot or make suggestions, but not al Evernote employees who do so are on the support staff. To open a support request, you can use the link in my signature (it's also in dlu's).

Hello,! Resident Evernote Employee that is monitoring this thread here, I wanted to second what jefito said. I would also suggest filing a support ticket. For a while we had a known bug so I was more active in helping and directing people to customer support.

Millions of thanks for attention paid to this post! I've also submitted the ticket just now. Hope that the problem can be solved ASAP!

Thanks for your efforts.

Like Danielle and most of you on this thread, I can't login to Evernote from my MacBook Air (mid 2011) running Lion 10.7.5.

I've done the password changes, uninstalled, cleared my passwords using KeyChain Access, reinstalled, etc. etc. etc.

My password works on all my other devices iPad 3rd generation, web interface and iPhone 4S.  The problem is I'm a law student and rely heavily on my MacBook to type notes.  iPad (even with bluetooth keyboard) just doesn't keep up with the fast pace of taking notes.  iPhone and web interfaces are even more cumbersome. 

Please someone share the support ticket solution.  I haven't opened a support ticket myself because I prefer to have the instant satisfaction that typically comes from the user community.  Thanks for your help!

Made a change on the server-side that might solve this issue. Please try again with your Evernote username and let us know if there are any issues.

As a note, currently we don't have logging in via email address available on the Mac client

"It appears the the app assumed my email extension. I had to remove it when entering my username".

I get this new popup window with username prepopulated. This is the correct username. The password works on login to evernote online, iphone and other computers (under order software version of evernote.) The problem appears related to the latest update.

I have also reset password.

Tried entering email address in popup username field on the off chance

Still unable to login to Evernote on my computer though

Mine is doing the same thing I can log in through my iphone but not through my Mac. Tried Kord's suggestion no effect.

Could you send over activity logs? I'll PM you

Same problem here.. I've had Evernote on my Android for ages; put it on my iPad today and it works fine, on my MacBook Air I can log in to the web interface, but when I downloaded the app and attempt to log in it gives me an Incorrect Username or Password error :(

I tried both my gmail address (linked to my account) and my ***@m.evernote.com address also.

Yeah, same here.

This bug reared its head in the last beta version, and I reported it. They investigated the error and discovered the source, but it somehow made it into the stable release anyway.

This has happened to me a couple of times now with various releases, so I always make a copy of the Evernote executable in the apps directory before upgrading. Replacing the bin with the previous version that you backed up is really the only thing you can do until they fix the error.

I'm sure they also have the old version archived on the Evernote site somewhere.

I've PM'd pretty much everyone in this thread. If anyone has this issue, please PM me with activity logs and that will help us fix this asap

thanks!

Hi dlu,

Just downloaded the latest 3.1.1 build for the Mac and can reproduce this problem if I add my full email address into the sign-in popup. If I remove the @mac.com extension of my email address then I can sign in. It wouldn't surprise me that this only works because my iCloud email extension and Evernote email extension are the same.

Anything I can do to help resolve this?

Cheers

Kord.

The same thing is happening to me. I log in to the application and it seems to accept my username and password as it flashes up the screen with all my notes in. It immediately closes the screen and goes back to the login screen.

I tried changing the password. I also found that I can't use Chrome on the Mac to access this forum.

Regards

Simon

Same issue here. Cannot Log In to new Evernote App. I can log on to Web Version in Chrome - 18.0.1025.168

New Pop Up screen in the MAC rejects my user name and password. I've tried to log in with both my username and my email address. Neither work - "Incorrect username or password" appear each time.

Version 3.1.0

Mac OS X Z 10.7.3

Same issue for me... one more bit though. I can log in on iPhone 4s, iPad3, work PC, all with latest update. Only the Mac client is giving the problem. It keeps saying incorrect username/password, but if I close (not quit) and reopen the Evernote I am logged in correctly at my home screen only it won't sync and says it is unable to connect to the server. If you need any other info I can get it for you. Hope this helps!

Hi there,

Downloaded Evernote for my iPad (2), iPhone and Macbook Pro today (13th may), mobile devices fine but Evernote App on Mac rejects my login with incorrect Username or password. The same log in details work fine via Safari.

Latest version of Lion installed.

Regards,

Adam.

Still broken. I even upgraded thinking that would fix the issue. That was dumb.

Hi there,

Downloaded Evernote for my iPad (2), iPhone and Macbook Pro today (13th may), mobile devices fine but Evernote App on Mac rejects my login with incorrect Username or password. The same log in details work fine via Safari.

Latest version of Lion installed.

Regards,

Adam.

By any chance are either of you trying to use an email address to login? Even if you aren't, would you mind PMing me activity logs right after you try to login? It is under Help >> Activity Logs...

We're investigating and more activity logs usually help us confirm if we're headed in the right direction?

Similar but not exact problem here on MBA and iMac:

Quit EN

Clip a selection, article or full page using either the FF clipper or contextual right click>add to Evernote>clip selection

Green EN sign on splash screen appears

Then very quickly EN starts, clips and works fine

Subsequent EN actions are normal

Minimize EN and the log in screen is there, hiding behind the open EN app

This only occurs when EN has been closed and the clipping process forces the app open

It does not occur when EN is closed and forced open by using any of the EN functions on the mac menu bar.

Disabling and enabling the FF add on did nothing

Log file on the way DLU

FIXED: I had the same issue: able to log in through web app, and iOS app, but not from Mac app. I kept getting the wrong username/password message. But when I tried to enter my username without caps, it worked. I hope this info will help find the bug . . .

I finally got it to work.... here's what I did. First, Uninstall Evernote. Second, in the system search on the top right of your screen on the menu bar search for "Evernote" and delete every single file you can find that has Evernote in it. For me there were quite a few. Next, empty the trash bin, and reinstall Evernote. It will only allow me to log in with my username in all lowercase instead of how I do everywhere else with MiXeD cAsEs, but it does let me in with lower case and syncs up just fine now. Hope this helps everyone!

I've just installed evernote today on my MacBook (for the first time --so no previous keychains or files), and the sign in doesn't work for me. The web sign in and my PC applic are working. Just sent my activity log to the team... any help, appreciatted!

Archived