(Archived) REQUEST: Keyboard shortcut for "Copy Note Link"

Mr. e

Idea

I am a power user of Evernote, and I really like the kinda new "Copy Note Link" feature. I use it all the time - for creating easy to track note threads within tags with lots of notes.

This feature would be so much better if I could simply select a note, and then have a keyboard short cut to copy the link.

command-j would be a good start, but heck, I'd take any keyboard shortcut for this!

12 replies to this idea

You can "hack" a keyboard shortcut using AppleScript and an app launcher like Alfred, LauchBar, or Apptivate. Throw this script into the AppleScript Editor and save it as an Application (not Script, Script Bundle, or Text). 

tell application "Evernote"

set theSelection to selection

if theSelection is {} then display dialog "Please select a note."

repeat with i from 1 to count of theSelection

set noteURL to note link of item i of theSelection

end repeat

set the clipboard to noteURL

end tell

Then assign a keyboard shortcut to launch that app. Whenever you press the hotkey, the note URL of the selected note will be put in your clipboard!

Hope that helps, 

stephen

You can also create your own keyboard shortcut to any menu item in any app using System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Application Shortcuts > press the plus sign at the bottom of the list of shortcuts.

This works for Copy Note Link in Evernote.

Note that you must enter the menu item exactly as is appears in the app, including capitalisation, for it to work. You can choose whichever shortcut you prefer.

You can also create your own keyboard shortcut to any menu item in any app using System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Application Shortcuts > press the plus sign at the bottom of the list of shortcuts.

Note that you must enter the menu item exactly as is appears in the app, including capitalisation, for it to work. You can choose whichever shortcut you prefer.

Mr.e, here's a link to quick tutorial in case you need it. http://evertips.postach.io/post/evernote-quick-tip-assign-a-keyboard-shortcut-for-note-links-retrieval

I've tried lots of different keyboard shortcuts but they still won't appear next to the "Copy Note Link" item in the menu.

I've read about this problem before, apparently it has something to do with the latest version of Evernote (it used to work).

Well, I'm using Version 5.3.0(Beta 1) and have set Ctrl-Alt-Command-C to "Copy Note Link" using the Keyboard Shortcuts preferences pane and it works splendidly, including having the shortcut appear beside "Copy Note Link" in Evernote's Note menu.

Hello George:

How to implement in Windows?

Thank you much in advance,

Alan

Archived