(Archived) HOWTO: Search for shared notebooks

Viktor Gawlik

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hello, is there a way to search for shared new notebooks? I mean to search / discover if other people are sharing a specific topic, keyword or tag?

Thank you

Hi Victor. Welcome to the forums. There is not a way to do this, as far as I know. I have been working on compiling a list of shared notebooks, because I have found a lot of them to be very helpful, and I hope to have that available shortly on the web. However, it will surely only show the tip of the iceberg.

You could always go "old school" & use something like Google. I would imagine most people who are sharing notes to the world would have a link from their blog or website, which would/should cause the spiders to find them. OTOH, for those who don't want their notes shared to the world, they'd have to send you a link. And if they don't send you the link, they may not want you accessing that note/notebook. ;-)

You could always go "old school" & use something like Google. I would imagine most people who are sharing notes to the world would have a link from their blog or website, which would/should cause the spiders to find them.

For what it's worth, Google doesn't show me GrumpyMonkey's shared notebook yet. Maybe it takes more time to index?

You could always go "old school" & use something like Google. I would imagine most people who are sharing notes to the world would have a link from their blog or website, which would/should cause the spiders to find them.

For what it's worth, Google doesn't show me GrumpyMonkey's shared notebook yet. Maybe it takes more time to index?

He would have to have a link to it in a web page that is set up to be searched by the spiders. IDK if he has done this.

• Level 5*

He would have to have a link to it in a web page that is set up to be searched by the spiders. IDK if he has done this.

He has, but Google isn't quite there yet. Give it a few more days. I just started the experiment on Friday. I've been planning it for a while, and debating a lot (given the treacherous bugs that remain -- mentioned in other threads ), but decided it was worth the effort. The Evernote staff are on the case, so hopefully I will have it indexed and running smoothly on all devices shortly! Anyhow, I should also have my list of shared notebooks up soon. I will post a link here when I do.

Archived