(Archived) Does Evernote Have Anything Fancy In Store For The Samsung Galaxy Note?

nogloww

Just wondering. I am thinking getting a new phone soon and I have my eye on the Samsung Galaxy Note. With all the fancy-schmancy things the Galaxy Note and it's S-Pen can do, I was wondering if Evernote will be have any tricks up it's sleeve for the new capabilities of the phablet. Any guesses or responses from Evernote staff, just for fun?

Haha, the "phablet"? That's a new one for me.

As far as I know we're not looking into anything developed specifically for the Galaxy Note, but you never know :), I can check around.

• Level 5*

Haha, the "phablet"? That's a new one for me.

As far as I know we're not looking into anything developed specifically for the Galaxy Note, but you never know :), I can check around.

the phablet is all the rage now. i'm not too keen on the size -- it's neither big enough for me to work on, nor small enough for me to put in my pocket. but, fans swear by it, and i do like that samsung is making handwritten notes with a stylus a priority, unlike some other companies who pretend no one writes anymore.

I've been using Evernote on my Galaxy Note for about two months now. Loving it coz it gives me more room to read my study notes and the feeds I've redirected to EN. A good change from the small and cluttered screens of other phones. Also, making notes is easier (by typing), coz of the larger keypad.

Anyway some Note-specific functionalities (like a larger 5x2 widget) will be welcome. :)

Well it'd be nice if Evernote would enable Tablet views for the note. I it was when first released but EN nixed it.

Every other app....When you change the notes resolution to 213 dpi the Apps go to tablet view.

Unfortunately not Evernote.

Regarding the note:

I've been a smartphone buying junkie for 15yrs....no more. I've found the holy grail of converged devices.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Evernote on my Galaxy Note for about two months now. Loving it coz it gives me more room to read my study notes and the feeds I've redirected to EN. A good change from the small and cluttered screens of other phones. Also, making notes is easier (by typing), coz of the larger keypad.

Anyway some Note-specific functionalities (like a larger 5x2 widget) will be welcome. :)

Hello Thameera or Anyone else using the Galaxy Note-

1. I'm curious to know if you've found a work around for getting your Galaxy Notes into Evernote. For example is there a way to "Share" your Galaxy Notes out to Evernote. If so - can Evernote handle the handwritten text (as far as display, i.e. jpeg, png, pdf, etc.)?
  2. Also curious to know if the S Note works with any App (like S Memo, etc.) that let's you take an audio ecording as part of the note.
  3. If it does, has anyone tried to share the entire note out to Evernote - or when you share does Evernote only receive the non-audio portion of the note

I am also in the camp that believes Evernote has a huge opportunity here. Evernote could be the first content manager for phablets. I am confident that this category will take off - so even if the Galaxy Note doesn't have the volume that Evernote requires, the halo effect and learnings from being first out on phablets will more than pay for itself - since I am confident that others are coming.

• 2 months later...

1. I'm curious to know if you've found a work around for getting your Galaxy Notes into Evernote. For example is there a way to "Share" your Galaxy Notes out to Evernote. If so - can Evernote handle the handwritten text (as far as display, i.e. jpeg, png, pdf, etc.)?
  2. Also curious to know if the S Note works with any App (like S Memo, etc.) that let's you take an audio ecording as part of the note.
  3. If it does, has anyone tried to share the entire note out to Evernote - or when you share does Evernote only receive the non-audio portion of the note

I am also in the camp that believes Evernote has a huge opportunity here. Evernote could be the first content manager for phablets. I am confident that this category will take off - so even if the Galaxy Note doesn't have the volume that Evernote requires, the halo effect and learnings from being first out on phablets will more than pay for itself - since I am confident that others are coming.

To 1: After the upgrade to Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Evernote has two note apps: S Memo and S Note. You can either share a note from these apps to Evernote or "sync" it. Syncing it is a one-way sync in as much as the note simply gets uploaded to Evernote. The next time you sync it, the new version will overwrite the old version on Evernote. You can download the files from Evernote and either import them (S Memo) or add them manualy to the relevant directory (S Note). Sadly, Evernote can't read the *.snb-files from S Note, so you can't read them inside Evernote.

To 2 and 3: If you export a note with audio content from S Memo to Evernote, the audio will not get carried over. If you export a note from S Note to Evernote, everything will be preserved in Evernote - but, again, you can't work with the note in Evernote.

Obviously, it would be tremendously cool if Evernote could read the *.snb-files. And almost nirvana if Samsung and Evernote worked together to add better sync to the S Note app.

• Level 5*

To 1: After the upgrade to Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Evernote has two note apps: S Memo and S Note. You can either share a note from these apps to Evernote or "sync" it. Syncing it is a one-way sync in as much as the note simply gets uploaded to Evernote. The next time you sync it, the new version will overwrite the old version on Evernote. You can download the files from Evernote and either import them (S Memo) or add them manualy to the relevant directory (S Note). Sadly, Evernote can't read the *.snb-files from S Note, so you can't read them inside Evernote.

To 2 and 3: If you export a note with audio content from S Memo to Evernote, the audio will not get carried over. If you export a note from S Note to Evernote, everything will be preserved in Evernote - but, again, you can't work with the note in Evernote.

Obviously, it would be tremendously cool if Evernote could read the *.snb-files. And almost nirvana if Samsung and Evernote worked together to add better sync to the S Note app.

It looks like you double posted, so I deleted your 12:15 post. Thanks so much for sharing this information about how to work with Samsung's S Memo and S Note. Unfortunately, these apps are "incompatible with all of my devices," but I do like to hear about these things :)

It looks like you double posted, so I deleted your 12:15 post. Thanks so much for sharing this information about how to work with Samsung's S Memo and S Note. Unfortunately, these apps are "incompatible with all of my devices," but I do like to hear about these things :)

Thanks :-) Actually, you can open a S Memo or S Note note with Skitch (if it is exported as a jpg-file) and work with it there. So, in theory, you could collaborate with a Galaxy Note-user

Thanks :-) Actually, you can open a S Memo or S Note note with Skitch (if it is exported as a jpg-file) and work with it there. So, in theory, you could collaborate with a Galaxy Note-user

Still, the fact that you can only work with your Samsung notes on a Samsung-device makes their note-solution pretty limited. If you loose your precious Galaxy Note, the only way to access your back up files is to get another Note. In other words, you are not just tied to Android with this solution. You are tied to the Galaxy Note-concept. Even so, it is an amazingly seductive solution. The concept of being able to jot down handwritten notes wherever you are - and add multimedia content, if you like - clearly has winning potential. As is clear from the fact that Apple has applied for patent on a stylus

Archived