Sending Email from Outlook to Evernote - Font Size Changes

TechBarber

I have the Evernote extension installed at work, where I use Outlook 2007.

I can send notes without any issue but 80% of the time when I fire an email to Evernote from the Outlook client (using the EN add-on), the font size shrinks to 8pt font.

For example, if someone sends me the following:

"that should work fine, just remember to plug those values into the Q4 report and make a note moving forward"

it turns into

"that should work fine, just remember to plug those values into the Q4 report and make a note moving forward".

Any ideas how to fix, or is this a bug?

• Level 5*

This can get a bit complicated, but there are at least three settings that affect the font size of your Evernote Note text:

1. Evernote Default Font, and Font Size (see Tools > Preferences)
  2. Internet Explorer Default Font and Font Size (see Tools > Options)
  3. Outlook defaults for your HTML/Rich Text (see a number of prefs in Tools > Options)

The key here is that if the HTML code (in any of the above apps) does not specify a font or font size, then the default will be used.

You may want to check your defaults in the order I listed above.

There are some interesting intersections. If your IE and Outlook defaults are the same, the Outlook text may NOT explicitly provide the font and size in the HTML code of your Outlook msg. So, one trick I have used is to set IE to one font/size, and then Outlook to the font/size that I actually want.

Finally, sometimes I have to just select all in my EN Note, and apply the font and size I want, after clipping from the web or Outlook.

See if this helps, and let us know.

This can get a bit complicated, but there are at least three settings that affect the font size of your Evernote Note text:

1. Evernote Default Font, and Font Size (see Tools > Preferences)
  2. Internet Explorer Default Font and Font Size (see Tools > Options)
  3. Outlook defaults for your HTML/Rich Text (see a number of prefs in Tools > Options)

The key here is that if the HTML code (in any of the above apps) does not specify a font or font size, then the default will be used.

You may want to check your defaults in the order I listed above.

There are some interesting intersections. If your IE and Outlook defaults are the same, the Outlook text may NOT explicitly provide the font and size in the HTML code of your Outlook msg. So, one trick I have used is to set IE to one font/size, and then Outlook to the font/size that I actually want.

Finally, sometimes I have to just select all in my EN Note, and apply the font and size I want, after clipping from the web or Outlook.

See if this helps, and let us know.

Thanks. I have the default font set to "Tahoma 10pt" for everything already. I'll keep fiddling.

• 2 years later...

Archived